LONDON: Prime Minister Yusuf Raza Gilani Friday said that Pakistan wanted political solution to Afghanistan issue as war was not a solution.
In an interview with a British TV, the prime minister said Pakistan wanted solution to Afghan issue according to the wishes of the Afghans. He said that peaceful Afghanistan was in the interest of Pakistan.
The prime minister said the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) and the Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) jointly nabbed several high value targets of the al-Qaeda.
the Pakistani prime minister said that Islamabad didn’t want to confine its international relations only to the United States.
To a question, Mr Gilani said that according to Pakistani law no foreigner could travel without the permission by the interior ministry.
Meanwhile, the United Kingdom appreciated Pakistan’s “crucial role” in countering extremism and terrorism for the regional and world peace and said it would continue to extend it all support to achieve results.
Secretary for Defence Philip Hammond who met Prime Minister Syed Yusuf Raza Gilani here at his hotel supported Pakistan’s desire for a strong, stable and peaceful Afghanistan. He said Taliban need to renounce terrorism and be part of the peace process so that the Afghan reconciliation process moves forward.
Prime Minister Gilani said Pakistan was committed to the reconciliation process in Afghanistan and believed in Afghan-led and Afghan-owned process.He also mentioned the successful Swat operation and said good results were achieved because the people of Pakistan stood along their government and the military. He said military operation was no solution to any problem and political process was a must for any success.-- Agencies
- NICL scam: NAB decides to move against former PM GilaniISLAMABAD: The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) has decided to move against former prime minister
- One dead, four injured in Quetta violenceQUETTA: At least one person was killed and four others injured on Wednesday in a firing incident in Liaquat
- Iftikhar Chaudhry bids farewell, expresses confidence in JillaniISLAMABAD: Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry marked the end of his term on Wednesday with a speech
- Pakistan after winning the toss decide to bowl firstDUBAI: Pakistan has won the toss in first T-20 match against Sri Lanka and decided to bowl first.
- COAS Raheel Sharif arrives in Quetta on two-day official visitQUETTA: Army Chief General Raheel Sharif has arrived in Quetta on a two day official visit. On arrival
- Afghanistan cricket team to tour Zimbabwe next monthKABUL: Afghanistan will travel to Zimbabwe next month, an official said on Wednesday, marking the fast-improving
- CIA agent Dr Shakil Afridi’s lawyer flees after threatsPESHAWAR: The lawyer for the CIA agent Dr Shakil Afridi, who helped the United States track down Osama
- Karachi police detain six alleged target killersKARACHI: Karachi South Zone Police on Wednesday arrested five criminals allegedly involved in the incidents
- Dar expresses satisfaction over economy’s progressISLAMABAD: Finance Minister Ishaq Dar has said the economy is moving on the right track with 5% GDP growth
- PTI condemns forcible breaking down of Anarkali ChurchISLAMABAD: On behalf of PTI, Central Information Secretary Shireen Mazari today condemned the forcible
- Legal team formed in Musharraf treason caseISLAMABAD: A ten-member legal team for the complainant was formed in treason case against former president
- Pakistan, India need to jointly address challenges: RaghavanISLAMABAD: India and Pakistan face similar challenges and there is need to jointly address them. This
- Media snooker tournment begins in IslamabadISLAMABAD: President Islamabad Billiards and Snooker Association (IBSA) Dr. Shahzad Waseem said that
- MoU signed between Pakistani and Sudanese Political Leadership ISLAMABAD: Secretary General of Pakistan Muslim League Senator Mushahid Hussain Sayed has called to address
- Tribute paid to prominent short story writer Aslam Siraj-ud-DinISLAMABAD: History of modern short story writing cannot be completed without mentioning Aslam Siraj Uddin.