JAMRUD: At least two people were killed while 15 others injured in a loud explosion which rocked the Jamrud area here on Sunday.
According to levy sources, explosives were planted in a car parked near Jamrud sports stadium which were detonated by a remote control device.
Jamaat-e-Islami (JI) had scheduled a public gathering in the sports stadium for tomorrow
April 30 (Monday). Munawar Hussain and other notables were listed to address the gathering.
The sources said that a car parked near a workshop adjacent to the sports stadium exploded with force.
Fifteen persons were injured in the blast that were shifted to Peshawar for treatment. Out of the 15 wounded, two person died while getting treatment.
It seemed that unknown miscreants intended to mar tomorrow’s JI gathering.
Security personnel cordoned of the area and all avenues in the area were closed for traffic as investigations went underway.
- Hagel says US to maintain 35,000 troops in Gulf regionMANAMA: The United States is committed to maintaining a 35,000-strong force in the Gulf region regardless
- Four held for stealing Nato goods from container in KarachiKARACHI: Custom Intelligence has arrested four persons on charges of stealing goods from Nato military
- Polling underway for Balochistan LB polls amid tight securityQUETTA: Polling for Balochistan’s local bodies elections has begun on Saturday under tight security
- World Snooker: Pakistan’s Sajjad defeats Israeli player in pre-quarter finalsPakistan’s Muhammad Sajjad has qualified for the quarter finals of the IBSF World Snooker Championship,
- Dubai festival opens with award-winning Palestinian filmDUBAI: The Dubai International Film Festival opened on Friday, promising a strong selection of Arabic-language
- PTI does not want war with Nato, US: Imran KhanISLAMABAD: Pakistan Tehrik-i-Insaf (PTI) chairman Imran Khan met with Nato envoys on Friday to clarify
- Sherpao terms PTI's ant-drone dharna as dramaPESHAWAR: The Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaaf's dharna against drone strikes is a drama to divert attention
- Karachi's police arrest target killer of 50 people KARACHI: Karachi’s police have arrested a most wanted target killer involved in target killings
- COAS Gen. Sharif chairs 167th Corps Commander's ConferenceRAWALPINDI: Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Raheel Sharif chaired 167th Corps Commander's Conference
- LB polls: 4000 troops deployed in BalochistanISLAMABAD: As many as 4000 army troops have been deployed in Balochistan as part of security arrangements
- Parliament pays homage to Nelson MandelaISLAMABAD: The National Assembly unanimously passed a resolution expressing grief over the demise of
- Pakistan’s forex reserves fall to $8.238 bnKARACHI: Pakistan's foreign exchange reserves dropped to $8.238 billion in the week ending November 29
- KSE-100 crosses 25,000 in mid-day tradingKARACHI: Pakistan's main stock exchange closed higher on Friday, with the benchmark 100 share index of
- Suicide bomber kills five outside Syria militia HQ: NGOBEIRUT: A suicide bomber blew up a vehicle outside a pro-government militia headquarters in northeastern
- PM Nawaz announces youth business loan schemeGILGIT: Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has announced the launch of a business loan scheme aimed at the youth.