QUETTA: At least three persons were killed while 30 others including women and children were wounded in a remote control bomb attack targeted a Frontier Corps (FC) chec post in Alamo square on Monday.
According to police sources, one FC troop and two others were killed when a car packed with 40 to 45 kilograms of explosives was detonated using a remote controlled device.
Two FC vehicle was completely destroyed while several shops were severely damaged.
The 30 injured include women and children who were being shifted to hospital for treatment.
Police has cordoned off the area and started investigation.
- Shakil Afridi reviews petition: FATA Tribunal reserves its ruling PESHAWAR: FATA Tribunal has reserved its ruling on review petition filed by alleged CIA collaborator
- Gujrat bus tragedy verdict: SC orders action against responsible ISLAMABAD: Supreme Court this morning issued its decision over Chief Justice’s suo moto on Gujrat
- US Defense Secretary Hagel arrives IslamabadISLAMABAD: US Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel arrived in Pakistan Monday for meetings with Prime Minister
- SC resumes missing persons case hearing todayISLAMABAD: The Supreme Court will resume the hearing into missing persons’ case today wherein 11
- Oil prices climb in Asian tradeSINGAPORE: Oil prices rose in Asian trade Monday as robust US jobs data boosted hopes for stronger energy
- Asian markets mostly up after US jobs dataHONG KONG: Asian markets mostly rose on Monday and the dollar edged higher against the yen as Wall Street
- Thai PM dissolves Parliament, calls electionsBANGKOK: Thai Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has announced the dissolution of the lower house of
- Australia wins 2nd Ashes test by 218 runsADELAIDE: Michael Clarke´s Australians finished off England in 11 overs Monday to win the second
- Cricket: Pakistan clinch last-ball win over AfghanistanSHARJAH: Pakistan overcame stiff resistance from minnows Afghanistan to win the first-ever Twenty20 international
- Accountability court summons Asif ZardariRAWALPINDI: The Accountability Court has summoned former president Asif Ali Zardari. The accountability
- TTP chief moves to DirISLAMABAD: According to media reports, Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) chief Mullah Fazlullah has moved
- Pakistan restrict Afghanistan to 137-8SHARJAH: Pakistan pacers Junaid Khan and Sohail Tanveer restricted Afghanistan to 137 for eight in the
- Hagel to visit Pakistan on Monday: US officialsKABUL: US Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel will visit Pakistan on Monday, officials said, with Afghanistan’s
- President Mamnoon urges inter-faith harmonyISLAMABAD:President Mamnoon Hussain has said that Islam preaches peace‚ brotherhood and harmony
- Gunmen torch NATO tanker in BolanQUETTA: Armed militants torched two tankers carrying fuel for US and Nato troops in Balochistan's insurgency-hit