RAWALPINDI: Six soldiers were martyred in an improvised explosive device attack on a security forces convoy in North Waziristan, Inter-Services Public Relations said Thursday.
“Terrorist IED attack on security forces convoy near Razmak, North Waziristan. Resultantly 1 officer and 5 soldiers embraced shahadat,” read the statement.
The martyred were identified as:
– Capt Umar Farooq, 24 years
– Naib Subedar Riaz Ahmed, 37 years
– Naib Subedar Shakeel Azad, 44 years
– Havaldar Younas Khan, age years
– Naik Muhammad Nadeem, 37 years
– Lance Naik Asmat Ullah, 30 years
The incident comes after security forces killed two terrorists in an intelligence-based operation (IBO) in North Waziristan on October 4. Only two days prior to that, a major terrorist activity was foiled by security forces when they killed two terrorists and an improvised explosive device specialist during an IBO in North Waziristan.