CJP takes notice of extrajudicial killing of Naqeeb Mehsud

1481
CJP Saqib Nisar returns home after completing Dam fund drive in UK

ISLAMABAD: Chief Justice of Pakistan (CJP), Justice Saqib Nisar on Friday took suo motu notice of the extrajudicial killing of Naqeeb Mehsud.
Earlier, Home Minister Sindh Sohail Anwar Siyal had suspended Shah Latif Town Station House Officer (SHO) Amanullah Marwat and formed a three-member committee to probe the incident.
The Home Minister said that Rao had been ordered to appear before the committee, adding that Rao would lose his post if he failed to satisfy the committee over his claims.
Siyal added that stern action would be taken against all responsible cops, if Naqeeb Mehsud was found innocent.
The newly established committee has also sought postmortem reports of suspected slain terrorists and summoned the family members and acquaintances of Naqeeb to document their statements.
Meanwhile, Rao Anwar appeared before the commission and submitted the evidence, including the first information report (FIR) against Naqeeb to the committee.
Talking to media before the session, the SSP termed Mehsud as 100 percent terrorist saying that a FIR was registered against Mehsud in 2014.
He added that since the registration of the FIR, Mehsud was on the run.
Anwar also said that he was being subjected to revenge campaign, for killing Naqeeb, by Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) as he had lodged two FIRs against PTI leader Haleem Adil Sheikh.
Naqeeb Mehsud – a 27-year-old youth from South Waziristan – was recently killed in an alleged police encounter in Karachi headed by SSP Malir Rao Anwar claiming that Naqeeb was a terrorist.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here