Former militant commander shot dead in Kharan district

QUETTA: Unidentified militants reportedly opened fire and killed a former commander of a banned militant organisation in Balochistan’s Kharan district on Thursday evening.
According to the police, armed men sprayed bullets at the vehicle of Ahmed Nawaz Sasoli in Kharan bazaar area, killing the former militant commander and his colleague.
Sasoli had reportedly announced to part ways with the militant organisation and surrendered before the security forces a few days ago, it has been learnt.
He had previously been involved in attacks on security forces, police and civilians. “However, he had now vowed to lead a peaceful life,” police said.
The police claim that the assailants sped away on their motorcycle after the attack.
In a separate incident in Quetta, two people were gunned down in Nawan Killi area.
According to the police, two men were sitting outside their house in Nawan Killi when they were shot at by unidentified gunmen. The attackers escaped unhurt from the spot.
The relatives and tribesmen protested against the killings and placed the bodies outside commissioner’s office to mount pressure on the law enforcement agencies to arrest the killers.
However, officers from the district administration and frontier corps negotiated with protesters and they peacefully dispersed.
The motive behind the incident could not be immediately ascertained, police said.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here