Govt to challenge LHC’s decision on removal of Shahbaz name from ECL: Fawad

Federal Minister receives Rs3,45,000 salary per month: Fawad Chaudhry

ISLAMABAD: Federal Minister for Information Fawad Chaudhry Tuesday said that the federal government would challenged the Lahore High Court’s decision about removal of the name of opposition leader Shahbaz Sharif form Exit Control List (ECL).
Addressing a press conference after federal cabinet meeting, the information minister said that the federal government would challenge the Lahore High Court’s decision in the Supreme Court.
About Nawaz Sharif’s bail plea acceptance, the minister said that the government would implement the Supreme Court’s decision. However, he added that if Nawaz Sharif wanted to move abroad for treatment, then he should enter into plea bargain with the NAB and return the ‘looted’ money. He said that the government had already offered Nawaz Sharif for treatment in hospital of the country.
He said that the chief minister Sindh was demanding increase in share in funds, adding that Sindh’s funds were being used for purchasing properties in Dubai and London. He said that the PPP was following the ideology of corruption.
Briefing newsmen about the decisions made in the cabinet meeting, Fawad said traveling to the tourist resorts of Pakistan will be facilitated by reducing expenditures and increasing facilities.
The Information Minister said facilities, including reduction in traveling expenses and cuts in taxes, worth four billion rupees will be offered to promote tourism.
He said visa regime has already been changed by providing E-Visa facility to five countries, including the Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Turkey, Malaysia, and the United Kingdom. He said people from fifty-eight countries can get visa on arrival.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here