Govt has zero tolerance for all banned outfits: Senate told

911
Senate body calls for public hanging of minor girl’s rapist

ISLAMABAD: State Minister for Interior Muhammad Talal Chaudhary on Wednesday informed the Senate that that under National Action Plan (NAP), there was zero tolerance for all proscribed banned outfits and several actions were taken against in this regard.
Respondingto various supplementary questions during Question Hour, the minister said there was no discrimination of good or bad and banned outfits were not allowed to function again by changing names. He said a total of 65 organizations were currently scheduled in the government’s ‘proscribed’ list while six were under observation. Talal said Jamaatud Dawa (JuD) and the Falaah-i-Insaniat Foundation (FIF) had changed their name to re-enter the mainstream, after which they had been included in Schedule 2.
However, he said after 18th amendment, now the provincial governments were responsible to taking action against proscribed organizations in their respective areas. “The Interior Ministry receives reports on the activities of these organizations, and it duly apprises the National Counter-terrorism Authority and provincial governments of any concerning developments”, he said.
To another question, the minister said it was reported in media that Mullah Mansoor holding Pakistani Passport and CNIC has been killed in drone attack. National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA) was provided CNIC number by Law Enforcement Agency to verify the data against this number, he said and added that data revealed that this card has been issued to Muhammad Wali s/o Shah Muhammad.
The minister said NADRA had conducted a departmental inquiry to unearth involvement of its officials in issuance of fake CNIC to Mullah Mansoor Akhtar with the name of Muhammad Wali. The NADRA official involved in issuance of fake CNIC to Mullah Akhtar Masnoor was identified as Faisal-ud-Din, he said. He said a departmental inquiry against all NADRA officials involved in issuing the ‘fake’ CNIC had been completed. At least three officials were removal from service, he added. He said cases have also been registered against the accused and judicial proceedings are ongoing in the case.
Talal said re-verification drive was launched after the incident and all CNIC were re-verified. Around 65,000 CNICs were blocked after the re-verification drive, he added.
Talal Chaudhry  said that former Prime Minister Muhammad Nawaz Sharif was being provided security keeping in view the current law and order in the country instead of protocol.
Responding queries during Question Hour, he said it was state’s responsibility to provide him an adequate security as he had been the prime minister of the country thrice.He said the same security was also being provided to former President Asif Ali Zardari due to security threats as a former premier was martyred due to non-provision of proper security cover to her.He said security to any member of this august house would also be provided if needed.To a supplementary question, the minister said security was also being provided to the members of Joint Investigation Team set up for probing Panama Papers under the Supreme Court directive.He said two escort vehicles comprising one upper sub-ordinate (ASI/SI) and four lower sub-ordinates (head constable / constable) each was provided to the ex-president during his movement in Islamabad Capital Territory (ICT).Moreover, round the clock security (four constables under supervision of ASI) was also provided at the residence of ex-president during his stay in the federal capital, he added.He said one escort vehicle with strength of one to four upper sub­ordinate (ASI/ SI) and lower sub-ordinate (Head constable/ constable) was also provided to the ex-prime minister during his movement in the ICT.Round the clock security (four constables under supervision of ASI) was also being provided at his residence in the federal capital, he said.The minister said round the clock security at the residences and one gunman on permanent basis was being provided to the retired chief justices.Security to chairman joint chiefs of staff committee and other three services chiefs, was being provided by the Ministry of Defence, after their retirement, he said.
To another question, Talal Chaudhary said additional charge had been given to various officials under stopgap arrangements. However, it was temporary and for a limited time period.He said process for recruiting 250 officials in National Counter Terrorism Authority was under progress and provincial quota was strictly being followed into the matter.– APP

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here