LAHORE: Caretaker Punjab chief minister (CM) Mohsin Naqvi on Monday announced to form Joint Investigation Team (JIT) to probe the ‘terror’ incidents that took place during the Zaman Park operation.
Addressing a press conference, interim chief minister said that ‘terrorists’ staying in Zaman Park and his government will ensure the writ of the statement at any cost.
He said that Punjab government has given a “free hand” to the police to maintain the writ of the state. “We have told the police today morning that they will do whatever they can in order to maintain the writ of the government,” Punjab government’s Interim Chief Minister Mohsin Naqvi said at a press conference in Lahore.
He warned that the police would respond with equal force if attacked again.
Punjab caretaker CM Mohsin Naqvi, during a press conference, said the JIT will be notified today by the provincial government to probe the ‘terror’ incidents.
“I have given a “free hand” to the police to establish the writ of the state in the province.” The Punjab CM said he had been asking the law enforcement agencies to hold back but will no longer do so.
Naqvi said he will also write to the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) to inform it about whatever is happening in Punjab except for politics.