Quetta commission report: Nisar submits reply in SC

Differences between Nawaz, Shehbaz persist over issuance of ticket to Nisar

ISLAMABAD: Federal Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan Saturday submitted his reply in the Supreme Court regarding the Quetta Commission’s report about civil hospital attack.
Makhdoom Ali submitted 64 pages reply on behalf of the interior minister.
In his reply, Nisar said that the incident was a national tragedy, adding that the Interior Ministry and Pakistan Army have worked together for eradicating terrorism from the country.
The minister also said that he was not given the full records of the accusations leveled against his ministry. He said that Balochistan Government had only registered a First Information Report (FIR) of the blast. He claimed that the provincial government did not recommend to the interior ministry to declare Lashkar-e-Jhangvi and Majlis-e-Ahraar as “terrorist groups”.
The reply stated that the commission report created an impression as if the Interior Ministry and state institutions were hesitating to take action against the terrorist outfits.
“The Ministry of Interior’s calling a report from intelligence agencies about declaring the extremist outfits banned is not an illogical step but it is a work method,” Nisar said.
He also mentioned that his ministry had taken immediate action following the Quetta carnage in August last year and started to ban the extremist groups. “Three months were spent in the completion of the ban on these outfits.”
He added that an immediate ban cannot be imposed on the terrorist group but they can only be monitored. “The government cannot impose a ban on the outfits on the demands in media and social media,” the minister said.
The minister stated that Jamaat-ul-Ahraar was not banned following the Lahore church blasts. He said that every country has its own laws and principles.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here