ISLAMABAD: Finance Minister Ishaq Dar on Saturday said the government has decided to keep prices of petroleum products unchanged for the month of August. “Pakistan is selling gasoline at the lowest price compared to other countries,” he said while talking to the media after the...🕒 6:38 PM - July 30, 2016
- Tax to be imposed if property sold before 3 years instead of 5: DarISLAMABAD: Federal Finance Minister Ishaq Dar on Saturday was able to hold successful negotiations with
- NA Speaker urges political parties to shun politics of street agitationLAHORE: Speaker National Assembly Sardar Ayaz Sadiq has said he is making efforts to hold a meeting between
- CM Murad Ali Shah along with his cabinet calls on BilawalKARACHI: Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah along with his newly-inducted Sindh cabinet members called
- Govt decides to keep POL prices unchanged for AugustISLAMABAD: Finance Minister Ishaq Dar on Saturday said the government has decided to keep prices of petroleum
- Rangers to get extension of powers in couple of days: Ch NisarISLAMABAD: Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan on Saturday expressed hope Rangers will get extension
- NAB decides not to open corruption cases against Ishaq DarISLAMABAD: The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) here on Saturday decided not to open corruption cases
- Nine ministers sworn as members of Sindh cabinetKARACHI: Nine ministers took oath as members of Sindh cabinet on Saturday. The oath was taken from the
- 26 dead as vehicle crashes of mountainous road in Landi KotalPESHAWAR: At least 26 people, mostly children, were killed Saturday when a vehicle carrying wedding guests
- Afghan Taliban delegation visits China to discuss unrest -sourcesPESHAWAR: A delegation from the Taliban visited China earlier this month to discuss the situation in
- Musharraf has no property in DHA Lahore, court informedLAHORE: Defence Housing Authority (DHA) and SHO Defence in a jointly prepared report submitted to a court
- PM Nawaz condemns terrorist attack on Rangers in LarkanaISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Muhammad Nawaz Sharif has strongly condemned the terrorist attack on Rangers
- Funeral prayers of martyred Rangers sepoy offered in LarkanaLARKANA: Funeral prayers of a martyred Rangers man were offered at Rangers Headquarters in Larkana here
- Girls secure top positions in Peshawar intermediate examsPESHAWAR: All the top positions have once against been grabbed by girls as Board of Intermediate and
- No decision about Rangers powers yet: CM spokesmanKARACHI: Sindh Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah has vowed to ensure good governance in the province
- Rangers getting complete cooperation of provincial govt: DG RangersLARKANA: DG Rangers Major Gen Bilal Akbar has said that the Rangers are receiving complete support from
Govt decides to keep POL prices unchanged for August
ISLAMABAD: Finance Minister Ishaq Dar on Saturday said the government has decided to keep prices of petroleum products unchanged for the month of August. “Pakistan is selling gasoline at the lowest price compared to other countries,” he said while talking to the media after the policy was announced. Dar said that the government has tried its best to keep the tax low and sales tax on
🕒 6:38 PM - July 30, 2016
Rangers to get extension of powers in couple of days: Ch Nisar
ISLAMABAD: Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan on Saturday expressed hope Rangers will get extension of complete powers in a couple of days in Karachi. He expressed concern over making issue of Rangers powers controversial and said Rangers was brought for restoration of security situation in the metropolis. “Sindh Rangers have full support of the federal government. Hopefully, new
🕒 6:36 PM - July 30, 2016
NAB decides not to open corruption cases against Ishaq Dar
ISLAMABAD: The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) here on Saturday decided not to open corruption cases against Federal Finance Minister Ishaq Dar. NAB officials state that Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) was unable to present any evidence of Ishaq Dar’s involvement in corruption, therefore the application presented by the party was rejected. NAB sources indicate that the institution does
🕒 6:30 PM - July 30, 2016
Nine ministers sworn as members of Sindh cabinet
KARACHI: Nine ministers took oath as members of Sindh cabinet on Saturday. The oath was taken from the ministers by Sindh Governor Dr Ishrat ul Ebad Khan. The oath-taking ceremony was held in the Governor’s House. Makhdoom Jamil-uz-Zaman, Nisar Khuhro, Suhail Anwar Sial, Jam Khan Shoro, Mukesh Chawla, Shamim Mumtaz, Jam Mehtab Dehr, Sikander Maindro and Sardar Shah were among the ministers to
🕒 6:28 PM - July 30, 2016
26 dead as vehicle crashes of mountainous road in Landi Kotal
PESHAWAR: At least 26 people, mostly children, were killed Saturday when a vehicle carrying wedding guests was washed off a mountainous road by floods and flung into a gorge, officials said. The dead included 18 children and six women. “Rescue operation has been completed, dead bodies of 26 people had been retrieved,” Rahimullah Mehsud, a local government official of Khyber tribal district,
🕒 6:24 PM - July 30, 2016
Rangers getting complete cooperation of provincial govt: DG Rangers
LARKANA: DG Rangers Major Gen Bilal Akbar has said that the Rangers are receiving complete support from the provincial and federal government in ongoing operations against terrorists and added that the culprits behind attack on Rangers would be arrested soon. Talking to newsmen, the DG Rangers appreciated the health care provided to the injured officials at Larkana hospital and said that some banned
🕒 2:30 PM - July 30, 2016
- Rangers to get extension of powers in couple of.
- NAB decides not to open corruption cases against.
- PM Nawaz condemns terrorist attack on Rangers in.
- Naveed Qamar appointed as PPP-P parliamentary.
- SC issues notice to KP Chief Secretary for not.
- PM directs completion of CPEC, energy projects on.
- Govt determined to increase economic growth: Dar.
- Pakistan has suspends visa abolition agreement.
- Senate passes Prevention of Electronics Crimes.
WASHINGTON: The U.S. encouraged governments of India and Pakistan to collaborate and resolve the Kashmir issue at its earliest. U.S. State Department Spokesperson John Kirby expressed hope...🕒 12:00 PM - July 30, 2016
- Pakistani among two charged for Paris terror.
- Turkish president accuses US general of 'backing.
- Clinton accepts historic nomination, slams.
- Indonesia halts execution of Pakistani Zulfiqar.
- Pakistan's Saeed Sheikh wins coveted humanitarian.
- With eye on China, India doubles down on.
- Pakistan, Turkey agree to pursue free trade.
- Indonesia rejects international pleas to halt.
- UN expresses alarm at looming Indonesian.
LAHORE: Islamabad captain Umar Gul on Friday roped in Shahid Afridi during the ongoing draft for the upcoming three week-long National T20 Cup. The domestic T20 tournament is scheduled to be held from August 25 till September 16. The eight-team tournament will be played in Rawalpindi and...🕒 10:10 PM - July 29, 2016
- Zaheer Khan announces retirement from international.
- Australia delays trip to Bangladesh over security.
- Pakistani breaks Guinness World Record.
- Clarke sees Pietersen returning for Ashes.
- Benaud family turns down offer of state funeral.
- Australia rout Scots in Hobart.
- Ireland sets 260-run target against India in World Cup.
- “Superior” South Africa a big threat to India.
- Pakistan to go on with the match against New Zealand.
- Germany beat Australia 3-2 to reach final.
BANNU: Special Unit of Police Saturday arrested an alleged terrorist during an operation in Bannu. According to a statement issued by CTD, on a tip off special unit of police carried out raid in...🕒 10:10 PM - July 29, 2016
PESHAWAR: The law enforcing agencies have arrested 52 suspects in Peshawar on Saturday. According to reports, the law enforcement agencies personnel carried out search operations in different...🕒 10:10 PM - July 29, 2016
CHITRAL: Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Chief Minister Pervez Khattak has said that fifty-five mini hydel power generating stations would be set up in Chitral at a cost of Rs 20 billion . He stated this while...🕒 10:10 PM - July 29, 2016
PESHAWAR: A delegation from the Taliban visited China earlier this month to discuss the situation in Afghanistan, where the insurgent movement is fighting the Western-backed government in Kabul, sources in the Taliban said. A delegation led by Abbas Stanakzai, head of the Taliban´s political...🕒 6:18 PM - July 30, 2016
- Taliban capture Kanashin district in Helmand.
- Afghan cleric arrested for marrying 6-year old girl.
- Five US troops wounded in Afghanistan: military.
- Afghanistan weighs Islamic State threat after Kabul.
- Mangal Bagh reportedly killed in Afghanistan drone.
- Ashraf Ghani stresses Pak-Afghan concerted efforts for.
- 80 dead as IS claims twin blasts during Kabul protest.
- Kabul bombing death toll rises to 61: report.
- Kabul in lockdown as Hazaras rally over power line.
- Taliban attacks threaten disputed Afghan district.
ISLAMABAD: Federal Finance Minister Ishaq Dar on Saturday was able to hold successful negotiations with a body of real estate developers, builders, property dealers and businessmen on the basis of give and take. It was decided that tax shall be revoked over the sale or purchase of property that was...🕒 9:49 PM - July 30, 2016
- SBP keeps main rate unchanged at 5.75pc.
- Forex reserves down by $40m to $22.9 Bn: SBP.
- Petroleum prices likely to increase by August 1.
- Pakistan, Afghanistan trade reaches $2.28billion,.
- Petrol price likely to be reduced from next month.
- ADB forecasts economic boost in Pakistan in 2016, 2017.
- FBR to take decisive steps against tax evaders.
- Dar orders timely completion of foreign funded.
- Reserves cross $23b due to govt's effective policies:.
- Banks to ensure ATMs functional in Eid ul Fitr.