ISLAMABAD: Information Minister Pervaiz Rashid has said that the nation has rejected the politics of chaos in May 11, elections and now the so-called tsunami march promoting chaos will also meet the same fate very soon. In a statement in Islamabad, he said Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf has the...
- 20kg bomb defused outside police station in KarachiKARACHI: A big bomb attack on a police station was averted when the bomb disposal squad defused a 20
- UNSC calls for immediate Gaza ceasefire UNITED NATIONS: The UN Security Council on Monday called for an immediate humanitarian ceasefire
- 7 injured in Khuzdar bomb blastKHUZDAR: At least seven people were injured in an explosion in Khuzdar district of Balochistan on Monday. The
- Parts of KP, FATA celebrate Eid todayPESHAWAR: As the Central Ruet-i-Hilal Committee meets today to decide on the sighting or otherwise of
- Five Ahmadis killed over alleged blasphemy in Gujranwala GUJRANWALA: Four members of the Ahmadi community were killed late on Sunday and four others were severely
- Papolzai chairs unofficial moon sighting committee meeting PESHAWAR: Unofficial moon-sighting committee of Qasim Ali Khan Mosque started its meeting to decide about
- One killed in Charsadda firing incident CHARSADDA: One person was killed in firing incident in Charsadda on Sunday evening. According to reports,
- Govt to be ousted next month: QadriLAHORE: Pakistan Awami Tehreek (PAT) chief Dr. Tahir ul Qadri Sunday predicted that the PML-N government
- Army clears Mir Ali, Mirshah, Boya, Degan of militants: ISPRRAWALPINDI: Pakistan army has claimed to have completely cleared Mir Ali, Boya, Degan and Miranshah of
- One killed in Quetta bomb explosion QUETTA: One person was killed and several others injured in a bomb explosion in Quetta's Kandhari Bazar
- Khyber Pakhtunkhwa likely to celebrate two EidsPESHAWAR: The people of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa are likely to have two Eids as the unofficial Ruet-e-Hilal
- Nation has rejected politics of chaos: RashidISLAMABAD: Information Minister Pervaiz Rashid has said that the nation has rejected the politics of
- Army requisitioned under article 245 not for political purpose: NisarISLAMABAD: Interior Minister Chaudhary Nisar Ali Khan has rejected perception about requisitioning
- Five killed as passengers coaster falls into ravine MURREE: At least five people were killed while 35 others injured as a passenger coaster fell into a ravine
- Israel resumes Gaza offensive GAZA: Three more Palestinians were killed as Israel resumed air, ground and naval raids on Gaza as Palestinian
20kg bomb defused outside police station in Karachi
KARACHI: A big bomb attack on a police station was averted when the bomb disposal squad defused a 20 kilogram bomb planted in a motorcycle outside the police station on Monday. According to reports, when the policemen closely inspected the abandoned motorcycle, the found an improvised explosive device (IED) strapped to it. The Bomb Disposal Unit (BDU), which was called in immediately, successfully
UNSC calls for immediate Gaza ceasefire
UNITED NATIONS: The UN Security Council on Monday called for an immediate humanitarian ceasefire in Gaza to allow for urgent aid to reach civilians as the conflict between Israel and Hamas entered its third week. The 15-member Council released a statement shortly after midnight Sunday calling for the truce during the Muslim Eid festival marking the end of Ramadan. The Council expressed “strong
7 injured in Khuzdar bomb blast
KHUZDAR: At least seven people were injured in an explosion in Khuzdar district of Balochistan on Monday. The security forces rushed to the blast site and cordoned off the area, while the rescue workers shifted the injured to nearby hospital. The blast occurred near a bus of pilgrimsnear Garisha area. Two of the injured were in critical condition. Khuzdar is considered one of the most sensitive districts
Parts of KP, FATA celebrate Eid today
PESHAWAR: As the Central Ruet-i-Hilal Committee meets today to decide on the sighting or otherwise of the Shawwal crescent, the residents of some areas of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and FATA are celebrating Eid today after announcement by unofficial committee of Qasim Ali Khan mosque. A meeting of an unofficial committee held at the Masjid Qasim Ali Khan in Peshawar announced after midnight that 44 reports
Five Ahmadis killed over alleged blasphemy in Gujranwala
GUJRANWALA: Four members of the Ahmadi community were killed late on Sunday and four others were severely injured when an angry mob attacked and burnt five houses belonging to members of the community over alleged blasphemy. According to BBC Urdu, those who died in the attack include a 55-year-old woman Bashiran, a minor girl Kianat, 7-year-old girl Hira and an unborn child who died due to suffocation. The
Papolzai chairs unofficial moon sighting committee meeting
PESHAWAR: Unofficial moon-sighting committee of Qasim Ali Khan Mosque started its meeting to decide about Shawal Moon sighting. The meeting is being chaired by Mufti Shahabudding Papolzai, which is being attended by its 20 members. The meeting is likely to announce Shawal moon sighting and Eid to be celebrated on Monday as Qasim Ali Mosque committee had also stared Ramazan with the Saudi
- Army requisitioned under article 245 not for.
- Govt to provide legal cover to army : Pervez.
- Defence Secretary Lt. Gen Asif Yasin to complete.
- PTI to challenge govt decision of calling Army in.
- Govt reconsiders decision to invoke Article 245.
- FATA committee urges equal rights for IDPs.
- Rasheed questions Qadri’s sources of income.
- Islamabad not being handed over to army: IM.
- Day of mourning observed to express solidarity.
UNITED NATIONS: The UN Security Council on Monday called for an immediate humanitarian ceasefire in Gaza to allow for urgent aid to reach civilians as the conflict between Israel and Hamas...
- Israel resumes Gaza offensive .
- UK deputy PM says Russia should not host football.
- UN Myanmar envoy worried over displaced Muslims.
- 1,050 Palestinians killed in Gaza since July 8.
- Pakistan urges Afghanistan to act against.
- Gaza toll mounts to 926 as fragile 12-hour truce.
- Qaeda releases video of US suicide bomber in.
- Israel, Hamas agree to 12-hour humanitarian truce.
- India protests against delay in Mumbai attacks.
ISLAMABAD: Samina Baig has become the first Pakistani woman to climb all seven highest peaks in the seven continents in just under eight months. “We had the greatest honour to hoist our green flag on the seven summits,” said Mirza Ali...
- Jayawardene to retire from Test cricket.
- Demotion to B category: Younus Khan refuses to sign.
- NZealand's Vincent open up cricket match fixing.
- PHF decide to give central contracts.
- New Zealand to make match-fixing a crime.
- Afghanistan Olympic Committee elects president.
- Benazir Bhutto women cricket T20 trophy from April.
- Tennis: Sharapova pleased despite Stuttgart scare.
- Moores gets second stint as England coach.
- Court orders auction of Ijaz Ahmed’s property.
PESHAWAR: Unofficial moon-sighting committee of Qasim Ali Khan Mosque started its meeting to decide about Shawal Moon sighting. The meeting is being chaired by Mufti Shahabudding Papolzai, which is...
CHARSADDA: One person was killed in firing incident in Charsadda on Sunday evening. According to reports, the firing incident occurred in the jurisdiction of the City police station. The identity of...
PESHAWAR: The people of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa are likely to have two Eids as the unofficial Ruet-e-Hilal committee will hold for moon-sighting meeting at Jamia Masjid Qasim Ali Khan today. Mufti...
KABUL: In a blow to hopes for peace talks, the Afghan Taliban’s reclusive leader warned Friday that a bilateral security pact allowing thousands of US troops to stay in Afghanistan beyond the end of this year will mean more fighting. Mullah Mohammad Omar called on the candidates for...
- Gunmen kill 15 civilians travelling in central.
- Two foreign aid workers shot dead in Herat.
- Four foreigners killed in Taliban attack in Kabul.
- Taliban attack Kabul airport as Afghan poll audit.
- Taliban claim responsibility for Kabul airport attack.
- Blast in Afghanistan kills 30, wounds 40.
- Afghan presidential rivals agree to vote audit.
- All votes in disputed Afghan run-off poll to be.
- Afghanistan´s Ghani says seeks to restore faith.
- Kerry to mediate an end to election crisis in Kabul.
ISLAMABAD: The Oil and Gas Regulatory Authority (OGRA) has recommended an increase in the price of petroleum products. The recommendation calls for Rs1.34 increase in the per litre price of petrol and Rs0.34 in the price of diesel. The recommendation if implemented will be applicable from August...
- Scotland keen to cooperate in Pakistan’s energy.
- Gearing up: Promoting trade through border-crossing.
- Employees protest against proposed PIA privatization .
- Govt employees to get salaries by 25th.
- Petrol price likely to increase.
- Petroleum ministry proposes cut in LPG prices .
- ECNEC approves Karachi water supply project.
- On strike: Oil tankers suspend fuel supply all over.
- ECC approves import of 1,00,000 metric tons of.
- Dar briefs PM Nawaz on resources mobilized for IDPs.
SVETI STEFAN: Serbian tennis great Novak Djokovic will wed longtime girlfriend Jelena Ristic on Thursday in a civil ceremony at a plush resort on the Adriatic coast, a source close to the family said...
- Zohra Sehgal dies at 102.
- Ahmed Nadeem Qasmi is being remembered.
- Lindsay sues 'Grand Theft Auto V' videogame.
- Shaan starts work on new film.
- Renowned pashto actor Murad Ali passes away.
- PNCA to organize stage play 'Gudian.
- Mohsin Hamid's novel shortlisted for.
- Meera’s unique namaz.
- 2nd death anniversary of Mehdi Hassan today.
- Regional turmoil puts Abu Dhabi in filmmaker.