ISLAMABAD: A constitutional Amendment Bill moved by S. A. Iqbal Qadri and others was referred to the Standing Committee concerned for debate and report. It envisages grant of right to contest election to overseas Pakistanis. Another constitutional amendment Bill, seeking amendment in article 251...🕔 1:34 PM - October 21, 2014
- Eleven Amendment Bills refer to Standing Committees in NA sessionISLAMABAD: A constitutional Amendment Bill moved by S. A. Iqbal Qadri and others was referred to the
- Punjab MPAs want blue passportsLAHORE: At a time when Pakistanis are raising voice against the VIP culture, the lawmakers of Punjab
- Fazalur Rehman meets Nawaz , discuss political situationISLAMABAD: Head of his own faction Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam (F) Maulana Fazl-ur-Rehman called on Prime Minister
- Sindh govt decides not to accept MQM resignationsKARACHI: The Pakistan Peoples Party-led Sindh government has decided not to accept resignations of Muttahida
- Jeep falls into gorge in Neelam valley, killed 18MUZAFFARABAD: At least 18 people lost their lives when their vehicle they were travelling in fell into
- Durrani offers mediation between PPP-MQM crisis KARACHI: Sindh Assembly Speaker, Agha Siraj Durrani, on Monday offered to play role as mediator between
- Hanif Abbasi sends defamation notice to Imran Khan ISLAMABAD: Hanif Abbasi, a senior leader of the ruling Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz, on Tuesday sent
- Afghan shelling kills man in Bajaur Agency KHAAR: Shelling from border crossed killed a man in Bajaur Agency, said security forces officials
- Govt imposes 30 paisa per unit EQ surcharge on electricityISLAMABAD: The Federal Government imposed fresh taxes on the consumers in the name of equalization (EQ)
- Pakistan, Iran in contact to improve border mechanism: AzizISLAMABAD: Adviser to Prime Minister on Foreign Affairs Sartaj Aziz says Pakistan has the capability
- Rehman Malik on mission to win back MQMKARACHI: Former Interior Minister senator Rehman Malik has been entrusted the task to forge reconciliation
- I will end sit-in if Zardari, Nawaz declare assets: KhanISLAMABAD: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Chairman Imran Khan has said that he has been waging a struggle
- PTI gets permission to hold rally in GujratGUJRAT: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) has been permitted to hold its October 24 on Friday rally in Gujrat’s
- MQM considering to change in Opposition leader in NAKARACHI: Muttahida Qumi Movement has been considering over the option to change opposition leader in
- Local elder gunned down in Jamrud firing JAMRUD: A local elder was gunned down by unknown armed men at Ghundi area of Jamrud town in Khyber
Punjab MPAs want blue passports
LAHORE: At a time when Pakistanis are raising voice against the VIP culture, the lawmakers of Punjab assembly prepared a resolution demanding blue passport and VIP protocol from the federal government. The resolution was demanding the federal government to issue blue passports to the provincial members. The resolution also seeks more protocol for the provincial assembly members at domestic
🕔 1:32 PM - October 21, 2014
Fazalur Rehman meets Nawaz , discuss political situation
ISLAMABAD: Head of his own faction Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam (F) Maulana Fazl-ur-Rehman called on Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif in Islamabad on Tuesday. Both the leaders discussed overall political situation in the country. Governor Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Sardar Mehtab Ahmad Khan, Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan, Minister for Railways Khawaja Saad Rafique, Minister for Housing and Works Akram Khan
🕔 1:02 PM - October 21, 2014
Jeep falls into gorge in Neelam valley, killed 18
MUZAFFARABAD: At least 18 people lost their lives when their vehicle they were travelling in fell into a deep ravine in Neelum Valley of Azad Kashmir Tuesday. According to police and rescue officials, the incident took place in Jagran area where a jeep carrying at least 22 people veered off the narrow Neelum Valley road plunging hundreds of feet down into a deep nullah. They said 18 people died in
🕔 12:30 PM - October 21, 2014
Durrani offers mediation between PPP-MQM crisis
KARACHI: Sindh Assembly Speaker, Agha Siraj Durrani, on Monday offered to play role as mediator between PPP and MQM, and urged both the parties to ward off misunderstandings. “Both the sides must sit together and worker jointly for prosperity of Sindh. Both of us have to live here so we must set aside our egos,” he said while speaking to reporters at Sindh Assembly. He offered his role
🕔 11:31 AM - October 21, 2014
Hanif Abbasi sends defamation notice to Imran Khan
ISLAMABAD: Hanif Abbasi, a senior leader of the ruling Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz, on Tuesday sent a defamation notice worth Rs1 billion to Imran Khan for levelling allegation against him. Abbasi said that Khan has labeled him as ‘ephedrine smuggler’ without any evidence. Notice said that Imran Khan should tender apology within 15 days after receiving this notice otherwise he should
🕔 11:28 AM - October 21, 2014
Afghan shelling kills man in Bajaur Agency
KHAAR: Shelling from border crossed killed a man in Bajaur Agency, said security forces officials on Tuesday. According to details, Afghan forces resorted to unprovoked mortar shelling in Bajaur Agency hit a hit a house located in Charmang Valley this morning killing a man as result. It may be mentioned that Islamabad has lodged a strong protest with Kabul over unprovoked incidents of
🕔 10:57 AM - October 21, 2014
- Fazalur Rehman meets Nawaz , discuss political.
- Hanif Abbasi sends defamation notice to Imran.
- Pakistan, Iran in contact to improve border.
- I will end sit-in if Zardari, Nawaz declare.
- Electoral reforms committee approves.
- Senate discusses situation arising out of floods.
- Pakistan will not allow use of its soil against.
- National Assembly pays tribute to Malala for.
- Election petitions to be disposed of by end of.
ANKARA: Turkish foreign minister on Monday said that Turkey would allow Iraqi Kurdish fighters to cross border into Syria to fight against Islamic State (IS) militants in Kobani. Mevlut Cavusoglu...🕔 4:22 PM - October 20, 2014
- NATO drills begin in Turkey on Monday.
- Decision to restrict children at Haj under.
- Joko Widodo sworn in as 7th Indonesian president.
- Suicide bomber kills 18 at Baghdad Shiite mosque.
- India's BJP in testing state polls in.
- US military airdrops weapons, ammunition to Kurds.
- Iran summons Pakistani ambassador over border.
- Shia cleric execution in Saudi Arabia to.
- Pakistan urges UN to play role in defusing LoC.
KARACHI: Pakistan included three uncapped players on Saturday in their squad for the two-Test series against Australia in the United Arab Emirates. Batsman, Haris Sohail, pace bowler Imran Khan and leg spinner Yasir Shah were named in a squad trimmed down to 16. The 27-year-old paceman Khan, a...🕔 3:01 PM - October 20, 2014
- Windies crush Bangladesh by 177 runs.
- England rout India to seal emphatic series win.
- Sri Lanka on top despite Amla ton.
- Jayawardene to retire from Test cricket.
- Demotion to B category: Younus Khan refuses to sign.
- NZealand's Vincent open up cricket match fixing.
- PHF decide to give central contracts.
- New Zealand to make match-fixing a crime.
- Afghanistan Olympic Committee elects president.
- Benazir Bhutto women cricket T20 trophy from April.
HARIPUR: Four persons were shot dead over children dispute at Ghazi Turbela in Haripur district, police said on Monday. The shootout between Malik Azhar and Babar Sultan groups started at village...🕔 3:01 PM - October 20, 2014
SWAT: Pakhtunkhwa Mili Awami Party (PkMAP) leader Mehmood Khan Achakzai said that supremacy of parliament and constitutions are the essence of democratic system that is vital to strengthen the norms...🕔 3:01 PM - October 20, 2014
PESHAWAR: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Textbook Board has decided to incorporate anti-corruption slogans into the textbooks in the light of the Holy Quran, Hadith and wise sayings to create awareness of...🕔 3:01 PM - October 20, 2014
ISLAMABAD: In apparent signs of thaw in Pakistan-Afghan relations marred by a serious trust-deficit, the new Afghan president has accepted an invitation from Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif to visit Pakistan to ‘share his vision’ for ties between the two neighbours, officials said on...🕔 9:44 AM - October 20, 2014
- Son of Jalaluddin Haqqani captured in Afghanistan.
- Taliban attack kills six Afghan police.
- 22 police killed in Taliban attack in Afghanistan.
- One dead as suicide blast targets Nato convoy in Kabul.
- Five Afghan men hanged for gang-rape: officials.
- Taliban suicide attack kills five in Afghanistan.
- Nato soldiers in Afghanistan have made the world a.
- British PM Cameron arrives in Kabul on unannounced.
- Three killed in suicide attack on Afghan army bus:.
- Six killed as twin suicide attack hits army buses in.
ISLAMABAD: The Federal Government imposed fresh taxes on the consumers in the name of equalization (EQ) surcharge, the notification issued by the Ministry of Water and Power. 30 paisa per unit would be received through the new surcharge that is likely to pull Rs 4 billion per month. The...🕔 10:17 AM - October 21, 2014
- IMF to release Pakistan transaction soon: Dar.
- Oil prices extend gains in Asia.
- Energy projects main feature of Pak-China Economic.
- Oil prices tumble in Asia.
- No CNG in Punjab for three months.
- IMF to release $1.1 billion for Pakistan.
- WB vows to continue supporting Pakistan's reforms.
- Pakistan to get $1.1bn from IMF in December: Dar.
- Pakistan, Afghanistan sign electricity transit fee.
- Govt allowed to present ODGCL shares for auction.
PESHAWAR: Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Minister for Culture Shah Farman has promised to promote cultural and literary activities in the province. Addressing as chief guest the concluding session of Afghan...🕔 9:25 AM - October 20, 2014
- KP minister promises to boost cultural.
- Neil Patrick to host 87th Oscars Award.
- “I got status in industry with my own.
- Meera visits girls college in Multan,.
- 66th birth anniversary of Nusrat Fateh Ali.
- Lindsay Lohan seeks redemption on London.
- Meera Wishes To Marry After 'Naya Pakistan'.
- Pop Diva Madonna opens up school in Karachi.
- Veena Malik's son is super popular - on.
- Anoushay Abbasi, Ainan Arif Abbasi tie the.