ISLAMABAD: Minister for Information and Broadcasting Pervaiz Rashid says sit-ins have caused a huge loss to the national economy and slowed down the process of development. Talking to newsmen in Islamabad on Saturday, he said that China wants to invest in energy projects but the visit of the...🕔 8:58 PM - October 25, 2014
- Pakistan's polio program a 'disaster': ReportLAHORE: The Independent Monitoring Board of the Global Polio Eradication Initiative on Saturday termed
- Two missing girl students of Sahiwal recovered safelyLAHORE: On the order of Punjab Chief Minister (CM) Shahbaz Sharif, Sahiwal police have recovered two
- MQM to mark Sunday as Black Day against Khurshid Shah's remarks KARACHI: To up the ante of their protest against Pakistan People's Party leader Syed Khurshid Shah's
- Chinese President looking forward to visit PakistanBEIJING: Chinese President Xi Jinping has said he is looking forward to visit Pakistan. He renewed this
- Sit-ins causes huge loss to economy: Rashid ISLAMABAD: Minister for Information and Broadcasting Pervaiz Rashid says sit-ins have caused a
- India picks Israel's Spike anti-tank missile over US JavelinNEW DELHI: India has opted to buy Israel's Spike anti-tank guided missile, a defence ministry source
- News channels returns to on-air in Karachi KARACHI: News channels returned to on-air after Sindh government take notice and requested cable operators
- Terror bid foiled as huge cache of explosives, arms seized in MastungMASTUNG: The intelligence agencies foiled a big terror attempt by recovering huge quantity of explosives,
- Governor Punjab hails Qadri’s decision of calling off sit-inQUETTA: Governor Punjab Chaudhary Muhammad Sarwar has termed calling off an anti-government protest sit-in
- PTI terminates MPA Javed Naseem membership PESHAWAR: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) has terminated the basic membership of its lawmaker Javed Naseem
- Emergency rule in Egypt's Sinai after bomb kills 30 troopsCAIRO: A state of emergency came into force Saturday across much of Egypt's Sinai Peninsula after 30
- Muharram moon sighted, Ashura on Nov 4KARACHI: The moon of Muharramul Haram has been sighted in the country and the Ashura would fall on Tuesday,
- Pakistan spinners leave Australia in tattersDUBAI: Australia, set 438 to win, closed the fourth day of the first Test against Pakistan on 59-4 in
- MQM to hold protest demo against Khurshid Shah’s remarks KARACHI: Muttahida Quami Movement has called an emergency press conference to announce protest demonstration
- Two men held for selling death animal meats in LahoreLAHORE: Lahore police on Saturday arrested two men for selling dead animal meat in markets. They
Pakistan's polio program a 'disaster': Report
LAHORE: The Independent Monitoring Board of the Global Polio Eradication Initiative on Saturday termed Pakistan’s polio eradication program a ‘disaster’, adding that the program is floundering hopelessly as the virus grows. The report also terms Pakistan as hub of polio and one of the largest obstacles in eradication of the virus. As per the report, the virus originating from Pakistan
🕔 10:26 PM - October 25, 2014
MQM to mark Sunday as Black Day against Khurshid Shah's remarks
KARACHI: To up the ante of their protest against Pakistan People's Party leader Syed Khurshid Shah's terming the Urdu word Mohajir (migrant) a swearword, Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) will mark Sunday as a Black Day. "Khurshid Shah, not once, not twice, but at least at four times hurt the feelings of those Pakistanis, who migrated (to Pakistan) from India at the time of partition in 1947.
🕔 9:33 PM - October 25, 2014
News channels returns to on-air in Karachi
KARACHI: News channels returned to on-air after Sindh government take notice and requested cable operators to restore all the news channels immediately without any fear. The all news channels were went off-air in several areas of city including Federal B Area, Gulistan-e-Jauhar, DHA, Gulshan, Clifton, PECHS, and other neighbourhoods around 330 pm following threats from unknown people. Sindh
🕔 8:07 PM - October 25, 2014
Terror bid foiled as huge cache of explosives, arms seized in Mastung
MASTUNG: The intelligence agencies foiled a big terror attempt by recovering huge quantity of explosives, weapons and rockets here on Saturday. According to reports, the intelligence agencies personnel raided a house in Kank area of Mastung district of Balochistan. Huge quantity of explosives, weapons and rockets were recovered from the house. One accused was also arrested during the raid. According
🕔 7:58 PM - October 25, 2014
PTI terminates MPA Javed Naseem membership
PESHAWAR: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) has terminated the basic membership of its lawmaker Javed Naseem for issuing statements against Chief Minister Pervez Khattak. PTI provincial president Azam Khan Swati had issued a show-cause notice to MPAs Javed Naseem, who protested against his own party outside Peshawar Press Club and said that his goverement involved in rampant corruption and nepotism,
🕔 7:43 PM - October 25, 2014
Two men held for selling death animal meats in Lahore
LAHORE: Lahore police on Saturday arrested two men for selling dead animal meat in markets. They were nabbed on basis of tip-off that two persons are selling meats of death animals, said an official adding they were selling meat of horses and donkeys in the market, said an official. The district administration conducted raids on Ring Road and Badami Bagh and confiscated the dead animal meat.
🕔 6:25 PM - October 25, 2014
- PTI decides to appear before NA speaker on Oct 29.
- Tahirul Qadri to visit abroad for fundraising.
- Sit-ins gain financial loss for the country:.
- Comprehensive security arrangements for Muharram.
- Pakistan fully responding to Indian firing on.
- PTI’s core committee meeting today to discuss.
- PTI to show political muscle in Rahim Yar Khan on.
- KP CM assures transparency, quality of.
- PTI resignations: NA speaker issues final notices.
BEIJING: Chinese President Xi Jinping has said he is looking forward to visit Pakistan. He renewed this commitment in a meeting with Finance Minister Ishaq Dar who called on him along with...🕔 9:19 PM - October 25, 2014
- India picks Israel's Spike anti-tank missile over.
- Emergency rule in Egypt's Sinai after bomb kills.
- India asks Pakistan to keep UN out of Kashmir.
- WHO eyes mass Ebola vaccines by mid-2015.
- Two dead in US school shooting after online.
- Saudi Arabia beheads Pakistani for smuggling.
- New York confirms first Ebola case.
- Dar lauds China's support in various fields.
- Canada parliament attacked near where PM Harper.
DUBAI: Australia, set 438 to win, closed the fourth day of the first Test against Pakistan on 59-4 in Dubai on Saturday. Pakistan grabbed four wickets through their spinners and will push for a win on the fifth and final day for a 1-0 lead in the two-match series. Chris Rogers was 23 not out and...🕔 6:42 PM - October 25, 2014
- Windies crush Bangladesh by 177 runs.
- England rout India to seal emphatic series win.
- Sri Lanka on top despite Amla ton.
- Jayawardene to retire from Test cricket.
- Demotion to B category: Younus Khan refuses to sign.
- NZealand's Vincent open up cricket match fixing.
- PHF decide to give central contracts.
- New Zealand to make match-fixing a crime.
- Afghanistan Olympic Committee elects president.
- Benazir Bhutto women cricket T20 trophy from April.
HARIPUR: The dengue has become rampant in the Haripur District as two more dengue patients died on Saturday. According to reports, two patients, belongs to Bagra union council, died on...🕔 6:42 PM - October 25, 2014
: A powerful breakaway faction of Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan on Saturday strongly condemned the recent suicide attack on Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam-F (JUI-F) chief Fazlur Rehman. A...🕔 6:42 PM - October 25, 2014
SWAT: At least seventeen prisoners fell ill after consuming poisonous food at a detention centre here on Saturday. According to reports, a lizard fell in the food turning it poisonous at a detention...🕔 6:42 PM - October 25, 2014
WASHINGTON: Poppy production in Afghanistan hit record levels last year even though the United States has poured some $7 billion into destroying the deadly crop which supplies some 80 percent of the world s opium. A new report released Tuesday by a US watchdog warned "the narcotics trade...🕔 9:32 AM - October 22, 2014
- Blast in Kabul kills four Afghan soldiers.
- Afghan president to share his vision with PM Nawaz.
- Son of Jalaluddin Haqqani captured in Afghanistan.
- Taliban attack kills six Afghan police.
- 22 police killed in Taliban attack in Afghanistan.
- One dead as suicide blast targets Nato convoy in Kabul.
- Five Afghan men hanged for gang-rape: officials.
- Taliban suicide attack kills five in Afghanistan.
- Nato soldiers in Afghanistan have made the world a.
- British PM Cameron arrives in Kabul on unannounced.
BEIJING: China Development Bank has agreed to sponsor an awareness conference for prospective investors for the construction of the 4,500 MW Diamer Bhasha Dam. This transpired during Finance Minister Ishaq Dar’s meeting with Executive Vice President of China Development Bank Zhao Xiaoyu in...🕔 11:59 AM - October 25, 2014
- Govt imposes 30 paisa per unit EQ surcharge on.
- IMF to release Pakistan transaction soon: Dar.
- Oil prices extend gains in Asia.
- Energy projects main feature of Pak-China Economic.
- Oil prices tumble in Asia.
- No CNG in Punjab for three months.
- IMF to release $1.1 billion for Pakistan.
- WB vows to continue supporting Pakistan's reforms.
- Pakistan to get $1.1bn from IMF in December: Dar.
- Pakistan, Afghanistan sign electricity transit fee.
ISLAMABAD: Actress and philanthropist Salma Hayek recently unveiled the documentary 'Humaira: The Game Changer', which depicts the story of Pakistani education advocate Humaira Bachal at the Women's...🕔 9:13 PM - October 24, 2014
- Three Pakistani authors longlisted for South.
- ‘Bili’ makes Mehwish Hayat famous.
- Humayun Saeed injured in Bangkok car crash:.
- KP minister promises to boost cultural.
- Neil Patrick to host 87th Oscars Award.
- “I got status in industry with my own.
- Meera visits girls college in Multan,.
- 66th birth anniversary of Nusrat Fateh Ali.
- Lindsay Lohan seeks redemption on London.
- Meera Wishes To Marry After 'Naya Pakistan'.