ISLAMABAD: Lieutenant General Rizwan Akhtar has been appointed as the new Director General of Inter-Services Intelligence (DG ISI), said Inter-Services Public Relations. ISPR added that Pakistan Army has promoted six of its Major Generals to the rank of Lieutenant General. Major...🕔 11:54 AM - September 22, 2014
- Governor Punjab rejects Javed Hashmi's allegationsEDINBURGH: The Governor Punjab Chaudhry Muhammad Sarwar on Sunday rejected Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI)’s
- Rizwan Akhtar appointed new DG ISI: ISPR ISLAMABAD: Lieutenant General Rizwan Akhtar has been appointed as the new Director General
- Key accused in Hajj corruption case gets bailISLAMABAD: The Supreme Court of Pakistan Monday approved bail of Roa Shakeel – a key accused in
- PTI to boycott by-polls in Multan: Qureshi MULTAN: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) on Monday announced boycott upcoming by-polls in NA-149 constituency
- Hangu attack leaves three police dead HANGU: Three policemen and a civilian were killed when unknown gunmen opened indiscriminate fire at their
- Lahore Lions beaten by Knight RidersHYDERABAD: Kolkata Knight Riders' four-wicket victory over Lahore Lions followed the template that has
- Three bodies found from KhuzdarQUETTA: Three bodies were found from Wadh area of Khuzdar on Monday. Levies sources said the identities
- Road accident in Lahore kills twoLAHORE: Two women were killed and eight others, including children, were wounded in a road accident at
- People’s representative to lead ‘Naya Pakistan’: KhanISLAMABAD: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Chairman Imran Khan Sunday said that he has no personal grudge
- Teenager hurt in acid attack over failed marriage proposalLAHORE: A 16-year-old Pakistani girl has suffered horrific injuries after two men hurled acid in her
- 40 tons of relief goods dispatch to flood victims: ISPRRAWALPINDI: Pakistan Army has dispatched relief goods comprised of five trucks for flood survivors today. According
- We are here to teach lesson of democracy: Dr. QadriISLAMABAD: Chairman of Pakistan Awaami Tehreek (PAT) Allama Tahir ul Qadri said on Sunday that corruption
- Khan will face failure in Sindh, says MemonKARACHI: Sharjeel Inam Memon, Sindh Minister for Information and Local Government Sindh, said Sunday
- I respect Qureshit despite of his statements against me: HashmiMULTAN: Makhdoom Javed Hashmi said on Sunday that he respected senior Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI)
- Khan’s criticism to be responded on Oct 18: BilawalKARACHI: Responding to Imran Khan’s Karachi address, Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) Chairman
Rizwan Akhtar appointed new DG ISI: ISPR
ISLAMABAD: Lieutenant General Rizwan Akhtar has been appointed as the new Director General of Inter-Services Intelligence (DG ISI), said Inter-Services Public Relations. ISPR added that Pakistan Army has promoted six of its Major Generals to the rank of Lieutenant General. Major Generals Rizwan Akhtar, Hilal Hussain, Ghayur Mahmood, Nazir Butt, Navid Mukhtar and Hidayat Ur Rehman
🕔 11:54 AM - September 22, 2014
Key accused in Hajj corruption case gets bail
ISLAMABAD: The Supreme Court of Pakistan Monday approved bail of Roa Shakeel – a key accused in the infamous Hajj corruption scandal. The Supreme Court ordered to release Shakeel on bail after he submitted a surety bond worth Rs10 million. Shakeel, who is former director-general Hajj affairs, has been under arrest since last four years. He along with former federal minister for religious
🕔 11:03 AM - September 22, 2014
PTI to boycott by-polls in Multan: Qureshi
MULTAN: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) on Monday announced boycott upcoming by-polls in NA-149 constituency Multan scheduled to be held on October 16. “PTI will not put its candidate in Multan by-polls as protest against election fraud in last general election,” Shah Mehmood Qureshi, Vice Chairman, announced party decision to boycott the polls on the ground that the party is demanding
🕔 10:27 AM - September 22, 2014
Hangu attack leaves three police dead
HANGU: Three policemen and a civilian were killed when unknown gunmen opened indiscriminate fire at their vehicle in the Qazi Pump area of Hangu district on Monday. According to police, the police was on patrol in the Qazi Pump area when unidentified gunmen attacked a police party resultantly killed three policemen on the spot. Meanwhile, a huge contingent of security personnel and police reached
🕔 10:00 AM - September 22, 2014
Three bodies found from Khuzdar
QUETTA: Three bodies were found from Wadh area of Khuzdar on Monday. Levies sources said the identities of the deceased could not be ascertained. The bodies have been shifted to Civil Hospital for legal formalities.
🕔 9:37 AM - September 22, 2014
People’s representative to lead ‘Naya Pakistan’: Khan
ISLAMABAD: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Chairman Imran Khan Sunday said that he has no personal grudge against Nawaz Sharif but he is only against the incumbent system. “I am against the system of dynastic rule….I am against the system which made ruling elite rich and leaves the nation poor,” Khan said while addressing the participants of sit-in in Islamabad atop his container. He
🕔 9:32 AM - September 22, 2014
- Key accused in Hajj corruption case gets bail.
- People’s representative to lead ‘Naya.
- We are here to teach lesson of democracy: Dr..
- Imran has changed Pakistan’s politics: Qureshi.
- ROs received orders from ex-CJP Iftikhar in.
- Pakistan welcomes Afghanistan unity deal.
- US releases 14 Pakistani prisoners from.
- Dream of 'New Pakistan' about to come true: Imran.
- PM Nawaz close 143 cases of family after coming.
EDINBURGH: The Governor Punjab Chaudhry Muhammad Sarwar on Sunday rejected Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI)’s defunct president Javed Hashmi’s allegations and said that he hasn’t...🕔 1:03 PM - September 22, 2014
- UN chief lauds Pakistan flood relief efforts.
- Turkey secures release of 49 hostages seized by.
- US okays sale of IED-resistant vehicles to.
- Iran moving to comply with N-deal: IAEA.
- More than 50 villages inundated in Pano Akil.
- China troops withdraw from India border as Xi.
- Scots reject independence in historic vote.
- Another Pakistani smuggler beheaded in Saudi.
- Aafia Siddiqui seeks to drop US legal appeal.
HYDERABAD: Kolkata Knight Riders' four-wicket victory over Lahore Lions followed the template that has largely been the basis of their 11-game winning run: bowl first to allow Sunil Narine and the other spinners to smother the opposition, before Robin Uthappa and the rest of the top order click to...🕔 9:40 AM - September 22, 2014
- England rout India to seal emphatic series win.
- Sri Lanka on top despite Amla ton.
- Jayawardene to retire from Test cricket.
- Demotion to B category: Younus Khan refuses to sign.
- NZealand's Vincent open up cricket match fixing.
- PHF decide to give central contracts.
- New Zealand to make match-fixing a crime.
- Afghanistan Olympic Committee elects president.
- Benazir Bhutto women cricket T20 trophy from April.
- Tennis: Sharapova pleased despite Stuttgart scare.
PESHAWAR: Jamaat-e-Islami leader Siraj ul Haq said his party wants to transform Pakistan into an Islamic welfare state. Addressing his supporters in Peshawar on Sunday, Haq said people have been...🕔 9:40 AM - September 22, 2014
PESHAWAR: A one-day polio vaccination campaign was launched in Peshawar on Sunday. According health officials some 754,383 children will be vaccinated in 96 union councils in several districts of...🕔 9:40 AM - September 22, 2014
TANK: Two more polio cases have been confirmed in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa on Sunday, raising the total number of cases in Pakistan to 168 this year. According to reports, the polio virus was tested...🕔 9:40 AM - September 22, 2014
KABUL: Afghanistan's two presidential candidates have signed a power-sharing deal for the roles of president and chief executive three months after a disputed runoff that threatened to plunge the country into turmoil and complicate the withdrawal of US and other foreign troops. Ashraf Ghani...🕔 5:09 PM - September 21, 2014
- Ashraf Ghani, Abdullah Abdullah sign unity govt deal.
- Blast kills at least one in Afghan capital.
- Outgoing Afghan president Karzai downsizes retirement.
- US airstrike in eastern Afghanistan kills 11 civilians.
- Taliban attack Afghan government HQ in east, kill 12.
- Hizb-e-Islami Afghanistan denies joining Islamic State.
- Abdullah takes Afghan election to brink of collapse.
- Suicide car bomb kills three Afghan policemen.
- Afghanistan crash kills 23.
- Three killed in Taliban attack on Afghan intelligence.
ISLAMABAD: Pakistan's central bank decided to leave its key policy rate unchanged at 10 per cent for the subsequent two months, the State Bank of Pakistan said in a statement on Saturday. In recent months the rupee has remained mostly stable as the country has rebuilt its foreign exchange...🕔 8:48 PM - September 20, 2014
- Ishaq Dar reviews progress of Pakistan Steel Mills.
- Pakistani traders report theft at Indian trade fair .
- Govt eyeing over 6 pc growth rate by 2017-18: Ahsan.
- Political crisis likely to hit Pakistan economy: ADB.
- Friendly countries offer assistance for flood victims:.
- Oil prices down in Asian trade.
- ‘Go Nawaz Go’ currency notes not acceptable: SBP.
- Higher salaries to help global economy recover: UN.
- Sit-ins caused loss worth Rs 1,000 bln to economy:.
- Dar claims demos dealt big blow to economy.
Former rock band Entity Paradigm (EP) lead and Humsafar star Fawad Khan will soon be debuting his film career in India with Sonam Kapoor starring romantic-comedy 'Khoobsurat'. Unfortunately,...🕔 3:10 PM - September 14, 2014
- Half South Asia's girls marry before 18:.
- Bhuttos museum planned at Makli Gymkhana.
- 'Raw' the new beauty in Hollywood.
- Actor Maqsood Hassan passes away at 67.
- Remembering Ahmed Faraz, on his sixth death.
- Meera offers her services to end PTI, PAT.
- Remembering Nazia Hassan on her 14th death.
- New drama ‘Mein Adakara Banungi’ begins.
- Film 'Jinnah' screened to mark Independence.
- NAPA announces admission for Music, Theatre.