ISLAMABAD: Pakistan turned down a request from the Russian government to postpone the death sentence of its citizen Akhlaque Ahmed who was hanged today in Faisalabad. The Russian Foreign Ministry said it wanted the death sentence of Akhlaque Ahmed to be postponed on humanitarian...🕔 7:56 PM - December 21, 2014
- Pakistan turned down Russian request not to execute citizenISLAMABAD: Pakistan turned down a request from the Russian government to postpone the death sentence
- Nation, security forces stands united against terrorism: MazariISLAMABAD: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Sunday condemned banned Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) and
- Karachi: FIR registered against Lal Masjid cleric Abdul AzizKARACHI: An FIR was registered against Lal Masjid chief Maulana Abdul Aziz in a police station in Karachi
- PAT stages nationwide rallies against Peshawar school attackISLAMABAD: Pakistan Awami Tehreek (PAT) today staged nationwide rallies against the massacre of schoolchildren
- Terrorism has become a cancer for Pakistan: GilaniPESHAWAR: Former Prime Minister Syed Yousuf Raza Gilani on Sunday denounced terrorism as a cancer for
- Rangers arrests eight TTP members in KarachiKARACHI: Paramilitary rangers force rounded up eight terror suspects in Karachi on Sunday. According
- KP govt form committee to assess security situationPESHAWAR: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa government has constituted an eight-member committee to assess security
- Joint efforts needed to eradicate terrorism: Ch. NisarISLAMABAD: Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan has urged the citizens to remain vigilant in wake
- Nation mourns Peshawar school attack, demand action against militantsPESHAWAR: Thousands of Pakistanis flocked to a school in the northwestern city of Peshawar on Sunday
- Indian Red Cross Society launches blood donation drive for Peshawar victimsNew Delhi: In solidarity with victims of Peshawar school attack, a blood donation drive was organized
- Afridi announces retirement from ODI after world cup 2015KARACHI: A renowned player of Pakistan cricket team Shahid Afridi on Sunday has announced retirement
- Four shot dead in KarachiKARACHI: At least four people, including two brothers, were gunned down in different areas of the city
- Four terrorists executed in Faisalabad jailFAISALABAD: Four convicted terrorists were hanged in Faisalabad district jail on Sunday. Ghulam Sarwar,
- Thar famine claims 219 lives in 80 daysTHARPARKAR: Tharparkar famine continues to spread fear of death in the region as 219 children have lost
- Operation will continue till elimination of last militant: Ayaz Sadiq PESHAWAR: Speaker National Assembly Ayaz Sadiq visited Lady Reading Hospital Peshawar on Sunday and inquired
Terrorism has become a cancer for Pakistan: Gilani
PESHAWAR: Former Prime Minister Syed Yousuf Raza Gilani on Sunday denounced terrorism as a cancer for Pakistan. “Militancy is the biggest challenge being faced by Pakistan,” Gilani said during a press conference in Peshawar after visiting families of victims of school attack. Pakistan, he said, was not prospering due to the menace of terrorism, he said, adding that “we are fighting
🕔 6:14 PM - December 21, 2014
KP govt form committee to assess security situation
PESHAWAR: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa government has constituted an eight-member committee to assess security situation in the province. The Committee will chalk out a comprehensive strategy for counter terrorism keeping in view the recent terrorist attack on Army Public School. The committee will present recommendations for peace and security. Provincial Ministers Shahram Khan, Inayatullah, Atif Khan
🕔 6:09 PM - December 21, 2014
Joint efforts needed to eradicate terrorism: Ch. Nisar
ISLAMABAD: Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan has urged the citizens to remain vigilant in wake of current terror threat and play their role for the security of the country. Addressing a news conference in Islamabad on Sunday, he said a special telephone number will be provided in all telephone networks to facilitate the citizens to inform concerned authorities of any suspicious development. The
🕔 5:44 PM - December 21, 2014
Nation mourns Peshawar school attack, demand action against militants
PESHAWAR: Thousands of Pakistanis flocked to a school in the northwestern city of Peshawar on Sunday to mourn the 149 people -- mainly children -- massacred by the Taliban and demand action against militants. Men, women and children from Peshawar and other cities visited the army-run institution to offer prayers for those killed in the country's deadliest-ever terror attack. Pakistan has described
🕔 5:35 PM - December 21, 2014
Four terrorists executed in Faisalabad jail
FAISALABAD: Four convicted terrorists were hanged in Faisalabad district jail on Sunday. Ghulam Sarwar, Zuber Ahmed, Ikhlas and Rashid Qureshi were involved in an attack on former president Pervez Musharraf. On Friday, authorities hung two convicted militants in the first executions in six years as country's military and civil leadership vowed decisive action in the wake of a Taliban school massacre
🕔 4:11 PM - December 21, 2014
Thar famine claims 219 lives in 80 days
THARPARKAR: Tharparkar famine continues to spread fear of death in the region as 219 children have lost their lives in the time span of 81 days. Earlier, malnourished children continue to die in Thar at the hands of famine mounting the death toll to 213 in a span of 80 days. Another child died in Diplo on Saturday whereas lack of medical facilities has added to the misery. Medical teams have not
🕔 2:14 PM - December 21, 2014
- Nation, security forces stands united against.
- PAT stages nationwide rallies against Peshawar.
- Joint efforts needed to eradicate terrorism: Ch..
- Quaid-e-Azam University closed for indefinite.
- Pakistan targetS all terrorist organizations: PM.
- Rights groupgs asks Pakistan to stop execution.
- 297 suspects held in Islamabad search operations.
- Ex-PM Shaukhat Aziz challenges special court.
- Afghanistan assures action against terrorists:.
WASHINGTON: President Obama has signed a bill into law providing an extension in the Coalition Support Fund for Pakistan for another year. The Bill also assured continued US support to Afghanistan...🕔 1:44 PM - December 21, 2014
- BJP urges law against conversions in India.
- India launches biggest ever rocket into space.
- Australia PM offers sympathy after Peshawar.
- Turkey announces one-day mourning over Peshawar.
- US expects stiffer Pakistani resolve after.
- Obama condemns Peshawar school attack.
- Peshawar attack leaves Malala ‘heartbroken’.
- Modi condemns Peshawar school attack.
- British PM condemns Peshawar school attack .
KARACHI: A renowned player of Pakistan cricket team Shahid Afridi on Sunday has announced retirement from one-day international (ODI) after the world cup of 2015. While talking to the media, Shahid Afridi stated that I have announced retirement from ODI after the world cup of 2015, however, I will...🕔 4:37 PM - December 21, 2014
- Germany beat Australia 3-2 to reach final.
- Srinivasan spot-fixing allegations: IPL probe team.
- Shafiq ton guides Pakistan 'A' to 305 against.
- Windies crush Bangladesh by 177 runs.
- England rout India to seal emphatic series win.
- Sri Lanka on top despite Amla ton.
- Jayawardene to retire from Test cricket.
- Demotion to B category: Younus Khan refuses to sign.
- NZealand's Vincent open up cricket match fixing.
- PHF decide to give central contracts.
PESHAWAR: Speaker National Assembly Ayaz Sadiq visited Lady Reading Hospital Peshawar on Sunday and inquired about the health of the injured students and teachers of Peshawar terrorists attack. He...🕔 4:37 PM - December 21, 2014
PESHAWAR: Security forces and police conducted a joint search operation in the surrounding areas of Warsak road and arrested more than 80 suspects, police officials said on Sunday. The arrested...🕔 4:37 PM - December 21, 2014
PESHAWAR: The Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) Secretary General Iyad Ameen Madani has said that Pakistan was leading country of the Muslim Ummah and the terrorists are out to weaken...🕔 4:37 PM - December 21, 2014
KUNAR: At least seven people including children were killed when a roadside bomb struck a vehicle in eastern Afghanistan, officials said Sunday, the latest civilian casualties which soared to a record high this year. The explosion occurred late Saturday when the pickup truck was driving from...🕔 1:32 PM - December 21, 2014
- Drone strike kills eight militants on Khyber Agency.
- Suicide attack in Kabul leaves 1 dead, 3 others.
- Gen Raheel shares Peshawar incident evidence with.
- Suicide bomb, gunfight at Afghan bank, civilians.
- Afghan Taliban condemns school attack by Pakistani.
- 8 militant killed in Nuristan drone attack.
- UN voices 'serious concern' after Taliban attacks hit.
- One killed as suicide bomber targets Kabul school:.
- NATO airstrike leaves 17 suspected militants dead in.
- US closes Bagram prison, says it has no more detainees.
ISLAMABAD: According to reports, the government has decided to reduce petroleum prices by Rs12 per litre from January 1. Petrol price is expected to be cut by Rs10.15, high speed diesel Rs6, high octane Rs12, light diesel Rs6.30 and kerosene price might be reduced by Rs5 per litre. The new...🕔 8:39 AM - December 19, 2014
- Oil slump drags Asian stocks lower, Tokyo leads losses.
- ADB will provide $248 million to Pakistan.
- Businesses may remain close today: Karachi traders.
- Asian shares mostly lower after Wall St tumble.
- Pakistan seeks ‘maximum share’ in Russain market.
- Economy is on the mend: Ishaq Dar.
- PM calls for realising Pak-Iran trade potential.
- PM Nawaz approves import of duty free solar panels.
- Pakistan to import 1000 MW electricity: Asif.
- Dollar up in Asia after positive Fed report on US.
PESHAWAR: Veteran Bollywood actor Dilip Kumar has expressed his thoughts and condemned the barbaric terrorist attack on Army Public School in Peshawar that killed over 140 people, most of them...🕔 11:54 AM - December 19, 2014
- Celebrities condemn Peshawar attack.
- A.R. Rehman in Oscar race once more.
- Swat Museum reopens after seven years.
- DDLJ makes Indian history with 1000-week run.
- Dilip Kumar to be discharged in time to.
- Ali Zafar for replacing Lollywood with.
- Sindhi Culture Day being celebrated with.
- Reception held in Dallas in honor of.
- Man who slapped me doesn't represent Muslim.
- Ali Zafar shares success of Kill Dil with.