ISLAMABAD: Admiral Zakaullah has been appointed as new Chief of Pakistan Navy. The appointment was made on the recommendations of President Mamnoon Hussain and Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif. The outgoing naval chief, Admiral Muhammad Asif Sandila, will retire this week. ...🕔 2:32 PM - October 2, 2014
- LHC admits petition seeking ban on PM's foreign visitsLAHORE: Lahore High Court has declared the petition for the ban on Prime Minister’s official foreign
- Zahra Shahid murder: Another suspect arrestedKARACHI: Police on Thursday arrested another suspect in connection with the murder of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf
- Admiral Zakaullah appointed new naval chiefISLAMABAD: Admiral Zakaullah has been appointed as new Chief of Pakistan Navy. The appointment was made
- ECC approves Gwadar-Nawabshah LNG TerminalISLAMABAD: The Economic Coordination Committee has in principle approved Gwadar-Nawabshah LNG Terminal. Its
- Pakistan welcomes Afghanistan-US security agreementISLAMABAD: Pakistan here on Thursday welcomed political transition in Afghanistan and also welcomed Bilateral
- SC orders Sindh, Punjab, KPK to file replies in LB polls caseISLAMABAD: The Supreme Court of Pakistan here on Thursday directed the Sindh, Punjab and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
- Three suspects arrested in Islamabad operationISLAMABAD: At least three suspects were arrested on Thursday during a joint operation carried out by
- PTI to support Amir Dogar in NA-149, Multan by-pollsMULTAN: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) would support the independent candidate Amir Dogar whereas Javed
- Five bodies found from Khyber, Mohmand AgencyJAMRUD: Five bodies were recovered from Mohmand Agency and Khyber Agency on Thursday. According to Khasadar
- CM Punjab meets US Ambassador OlsonLAHORE: Chief Minister Punjab Shahbaz Sharif met US Ambassador Richard Olson here on Thursday. During
- Seven dead, 11 injured in Peshawar passenger van blast PESHAWAR: At least seven people were killed and 11 injured in a bomb explosion in a passenger
- Death toll mounts to 18 due to toxic liquor in HyderabadHYDERABAD: Death toll due to consumption of toxic liquor has mounted to 18 in last four days as two more
- Pakistan to take on India in hockey final todayINCHEON: In the Asian Games in South Korea, defending champions Pakistan will take on India in Asian
- Four militants killed in clash with security forces in BannuBANNU: At least four were killed and four other arrested in a clash with security forces in Jani Khel
- NA Speaker dismisses reference against PMISLAMABAD: Speaker National Assembly Sardar Ayaz Sadiq on Thursday rejected a reference seeking disqualification
SC orders Sindh, Punjab, KPK to file replies in LB polls case
ISLAMABAD: The Supreme Court of Pakistan here on Thursday directed the Sindh, Punjab and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa governments to file their replies on preparations of local body elections in the provinces. These orders were issued by a three-member bench led by Chief Justice Nasir-ul-Mulk while hearing a case pertaining to legislation for local body polls. During the course of hearing, the CJP enquired
🕔 1:30 PM - October 2, 2014
Seven dead, 11 injured in Peshawar passenger van blast
PESHAWAR: At least seven people were killed and 11 injured in a bomb explosion in a passenger van on Kohat Road, Bazid Khel area of Peshawar distirct here on Thursday. According to initial details, the explosion took place inside a passenger van in the city’s Kohat Road area in Bazid Khel area. SSP operation Najeebur Rehman said that the bomb was planted in a water cooler. According
🕔 12:18 PM - October 2, 2014
Four militants killed in clash with security forces in Bannu
BANNU: At least four were killed and four other arrested in a clash with security forces in Jani Khel area of Bannu district here on Thursday. According to reports, the militants attacked security forces during search operation conducted in Wali Noor Jani Khel area of the restive Bannu district of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. The security forces retaliated to the attack and killed at least
🕔 11:19 AM - October 2, 2014
Govt has to exhibit flexibility to resolve political impasse: Siraj
LANDI KOTAL: Jamaat-e-Islami (JI) chief Sirajul Haq here on Thursday said that the government needs to show flexibility for resolve the ongoing political impasse adding that the present political crisis could result in a tragedy if the government didn’t show democratic attitude. Talking to media on the occasion of Alkhidmat office in Landi Kotal, Sirajul Haq said that if Pakistan Tehreek
🕔 11:02 AM - October 2, 2014
Hajj rituals begin today
MAKKAH: The annual pilgrimage begin today (Thursday), with the faithful assembling in the tent valley of Mina. Makkah Governor Prince Mishaal bin Abdullah says preparations are complete for Hajj. He urged all government and private agencies to mobilize their human and technical resources to make the annual event a big success. Prince Mishaal, who is chairman of the Central Hajj Committee
🕔 9:16 AM - October 2, 2014
Grenade attack injures two policemen in Karachi
KARACHI: A hand-grenade blast near Karachi's Hassan Square area on Wednesday injured two policemen while another explosive device detonated near Tipu Sultan police station causing fear and panic to grip the locality. Unknown attackers hurled a hand-grenade at a police mobile van near Hassan Square flyover in Gushan-i-Iqbal area of Karachi. Two policemen were wounded in the incident, and were shifted
🕔 10:12 PM - October 1, 2014
- Pakistan welcomes Afghanistan-US security.
- SC orders Sindh, Punjab, KPK to file replies in.
- Three suspects arrested in Islamabad operation.
- NA Speaker dismisses reference against PM.
- Iqbal urges PTI, PAT to end Islamabad sit-ins.
- Govt’s economic performance not linked with.
- PPP not considering mid-term elections proposal:.
- Musharraf treason case: Hearing adjourned until.
- 648 lawmakers submit assets' details to ECP, 523.
WASHINGTON: The head of the US Secret Service, tasked with guarding US President Barack Obama, has resigned following several high-profile security lapses. Julia Pierson offered her resignation to...🕔 10:04 AM - October 2, 2014
- Hajj rituals begin today.
- 12 dead as trains collide in northern India.
- Obama makes pitch for affections of Modi.
- Defiant Hong Kong protesters vow to stay put.
- PM Nawaz, Modi meeting possible at SAARC Summit.
- Bangladesh arrests Briton for IS recruitment .
- Govt, protesters doing their own work: PM Nawaz .
- 18 killed in shootings and clashes in Mexico .
- India ready to engage with Pakistan, says Modi at.
INCHEON: In the Asian Games in South Korea, defending champions Pakistan will take on India in Asian Games Hockey final event today. The two teams have clashed in the finals of the Asian Games on eight previous occasions of which Pakistan won seven. Pakistan also defeated India 2-1 in the...🕔 11:41 AM - October 2, 2014
- England rout India to seal emphatic series win.
- Sri Lanka on top despite Amla ton.
- Jayawardene to retire from Test cricket.
- Demotion to B category: Younus Khan refuses to sign.
- NZealand's Vincent open up cricket match fixing.
- PHF decide to give central contracts.
- New Zealand to make match-fixing a crime.
- Afghanistan Olympic Committee elects president.
- Benazir Bhutto women cricket T20 trophy from April.
- Tennis: Sharapova pleased despite Stuttgart scare.
BANNU: At least four were killed and four other arrested in a clash with security forces in Jani Khel area of Bannu district here on Thursday. According to reports, the militants attacked...🕔 11:41 AM - October 2, 2014
PESHAWAR: At least three people, including a policeman were killed in different areas of Peshawar city here on Thursday. According to police, an ASI, identified as Asif Mehmood, was shot dead by...🕔 11:41 AM - October 2, 2014
PESHAWAR: The UN refugee agency urges all Afghan refugees, who hold Proof of Registration (PoR) cards that have expired by 31 December 2012 and who have not yet collected their renewed PoR cards, to...🕔 11:41 AM - October 2, 2014
KABUL: A Taliban suicide attacker killed three people on an Afghan army bus in Kabul on Thursday, the latest deadly strike against vehicles taking government staff to work in the Afghan capital. On Wednesday, Taliban suicide bombers killed at least seven people in similar attacks on two buses, one...🕔 10:28 AM - October 2, 2014
- Six killed as twin suicide attack hits army buses in.
- Afghan and US officials sign long-delayed troop deal.
- Afghans prepares to sign deal with US allowing troops.
- New Afghan President Ashraf Ghani calls for Taliban.
- Ashraf Ghani takes oath as new Afghan president.
- President Mamnoon in Kabul to attend Ashraf Ghani’s.
- Afghan Govt releases Pakistani Journalist Faizullah.
- Taliban behead 12 civilians in Afghanistan's Ghazni.
- 100 killed as Taliban storm district near Afghan.
- Karzai slams US, Pakistan in farewell speech.
ISLAMABAD: The Economic Coordination Committee has in principle approved Gwadar-Nawabshah LNG Terminal. Its meeting was held in Islamabad on Thursday with Finance Minister Ishaq Dar in the chair. The Minister directed for an early strategy for provision of funds for the project....🕔 2:11 PM - October 2, 2014
- Govt approves Rs 2.94 cut in petroleum prices.
- OGRA recommends cut in oil prices.
- Six top banks may face record fines: report.
- Zong all set to launch first 4G LTE in Pakistan.
- Finance Ministry rejects reports about power tariff.
- ECC approves Rs 529 mln for PSM’s upgradation.
- Economic reforms have improved Pakistan’s economy:.
- Oil prices rise on geopolitical concerns.
- Dar constitutes ‘Tax Reforms Commission’.
- Reforms help improve economic conditions of Pakistan:.
Pakistani actor Veena Malik and Asad Khan Khattak's healthy baby boy, Abram Khan is one popular child. The proud parents have been over the moon the past week since he was born and have taken to...🕔 6:52 PM - October 1, 2014
- Anoushay Abbasi, Ainan Arif Abbasi tie the.
- Film industry stages fast to support jailed.
- Bollywood icon Kadir Khan to perform Hajj.
- Veena Malik blessed with a baby boy.
- Sonam Kapoor to skip 'Khoobsurat' promotion.
- Half South Asia's girls marry before 18:.
- Bhuttos museum planned at Makli Gymkhana.
- 'Raw' the new beauty in Hollywood.
- Actor Maqsood Hassan passes away at 67.
- Remembering Ahmed Faraz, on his sixth death.