ISLAMABAD: Javed Hasmi, disgruntled President Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI), reached to Parliament to attend joint session. Members of parliament welcomed Javed Hasmi. ...🕔 2:02 PM - September 2, 2014
- Javed Hasmi attends joint parliament session ISLAMABAD: Javed Hasmi, disgruntled President Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI), reached to Parliament to
- Parliament, judiciary, political parties on same page: AchakzaiISLAMABAD: Pashtoonkhwa Milli Awami Party (PkMAP) chief Mehmood Khan Achakzai said Tuesday that the entire
- Don’t resign although protesters have valid points: Aitzaz tells Nawaz ISLAMABAD: The opposition is standing by democracy and parliament, said Opposition leader in Upper
- Protesters are trained terrorists: Nisar ISLAMABAD: Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan, Federal Minister for Interior, said Tuesday the whole Parliament
- Joint session of Parliament begins ISLAMABAD: A joint session of the Parliament has begun in the chair of National Assembly speaker to discuss
- PAT rejects Supreme Court offerISLAMABAD: Dr. Tahirul Qadri’s Pakistan Awami Tehreek (PAT) has refused to accept Supreme Court
- CJP denies association with PTI, issues notices to parliamentary parties ISLAMABAD: Hearing a set of petitions against sit-ins by the Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) and the Pakistan
- UK issues travel advisory on PakistanLONDON: The United Kingdom Tuesday advised its citizen against travel to Pakistan amidst ongoing political
- Musharraf treason case hearing again postponedISLAMABAD: The hearing of high treason case against former President Pervez Musharraf has been adjourned;
- Nawaz to address joint session of Parliament todayISLAMABAD: Thoroughly shaken by uber-jolts at the political landscape, Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif is
- Kaira terms Hashmi's claims baselessISLAMABAD: Pakistan People's Party leader Qamar Zaman Qaira Monday trashed Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf's
- Six-member team to hold negotiations with PTI, PATISLAMABAD: A six-member committee was set up on Monday to hold talks with PTI Chairman Imran Khan and
- US urges restraint in Pakistan political crisisWASHINGTON: The United States on Monday called for restraint by all sides in Pakistan's political crisis,
- ISPR rejects Javed Hashmi allegations RAWALPINDI: Pakistan Army on Monday rejected Javed Hasmi allegations that Pak-Army are behind the Imran
- Parliament damaged democracy more than any dictator: Imran ISLAMABAD: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) chief Imran Khan while addressing the protestors and explaining
Javed Hasmi attends joint parliament session
ISLAMABAD: Javed Hasmi, disgruntled President Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI), reached to Parliament to attend joint session. Members of parliament welcomed Javed Hasmi.
🕔 2:02 PM - September 2, 2014
Parliament, judiciary, political parties on same page: Achakzai
ISLAMABAD: Pashtoonkhwa Milli Awami Party (PkMAP) chief Mehmood Khan Achakzai said Tuesday that the entire parliament, judiciary and all political parties on the same page and want to protect democracy. Addressing the joint session of the parliament, he said "civil society, judiciary and media are with us and now we request Pak Army to be with us as well". Achakzai further said that the
🕔 1:48 PM - September 2, 2014
Don’t resign although protesters have valid points: Aitzaz tells
ISLAMABAD: The opposition is standing by democracy and parliament, said Opposition leader in Upper House while addressing joint session of parliament. “We are supporting you (Nawaz Sharif) because you support democracy but you and your ministers don’t take parliament seriously,” said Aitzaz. “PM Nawaz, once you are through these trying times, you have to sit and
🕔 1:41 PM - September 2, 2014
Protesters are trained terrorists: Nisar
ISLAMABAD: Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan, Federal Minister for Interior, said Tuesday the whole Parliament is united in the face of ‘lashkar kashi’ and mutiny against the state of Pakistan by a few thousand people. Opening a debate on country’s current political situation at the joint session of Parliament, Nisar said that the country is passing through extremely difficult situation. He
🕔 12:42 PM - September 2, 2014
Joint session of Parliament begins
ISLAMABAD: A joint session of the Parliament has begun in the chair of National Assembly speaker to discuss the prevailing crisis. The joint session likely to adopt another resolution on upholding democracy and all Parliamentarians are likely to attend. The meeting has sparked speculation about what difference it would make except putting up a larger show of parliamentary strength against the protests,
🕔 12:01 PM - September 2, 2014
PAT rejects Supreme Court offer
ISLAMABAD: Dr. Tahirul Qadri’s Pakistan Awami Tehreek (PAT) has refused to accept Supreme Court of Pakistan’s offer for role in current political crisis on Tuesday. Yesterday, the apex court offered to play its role as a ‘final mediator’ to end standoff between government and protesting parties. The court had sought proposals from both the sides. In today’s hearing of
🕔 11:42 AM - September 2, 2014
- Parliament, judiciary, political parties on same.
- Don’t resign although protesters have valid.
- Protesters are trained terrorists: Nisar .
- Joint session of Parliament begins .
- PAT rejects Supreme Court offer.
- CJP denies association with PTI, issues notices.
- Musharraf treason case hearing again postponed.
- Nawaz to address joint session of Parliament.
- Kaira terms Hashmi's claims baseless.
LONDON: The United Kingdom Tuesday advised its citizen against travel to Pakistan amidst ongoing political crisis. According to a statement of Foreign and Commonwealth Office posted on UK government...🕔 10:45 AM - September 2, 2014
- US urges restraint in Pakistan political crisis.
- Altaf denounces attack on PTV building.
- IS fears make Gulf monarchies set aside.
- Kerry urges global ‘coalition’ to fight IS.
- Zardari prays for immediate solution of political.
- US considers air strikes without Syrian govt.
- Monitoring demonstrations in Islamabad: State.
- Erdogan takes oath as 12th President of Turkey.
- Shelling kills 11 civilians in east Ukraine's.
KARACHI: Pakistan Tehreek-I-Insaf (PTI) Chairman Imran Khan's former team mate and cricket legend Javed Miandad on Monday announced his support for the ongoing protest in Islamabad. “Imran Khan is a man of great integrity. No one can challenge his honesty and his clear intentions. He has an...🕔 3:33 PM - September 1, 2014
- England rout India to seal emphatic series win.
- Sri Lanka on top despite Amla ton.
- Jayawardene to retire from Test cricket.
- Demotion to B category: Younus Khan refuses to sign.
- NZealand's Vincent open up cricket match fixing.
- PHF decide to give central contracts.
- New Zealand to make match-fixing a crime.
- Afghanistan Olympic Committee elects president.
- Benazir Bhutto women cricket T20 trophy from April.
- Tennis: Sharapova pleased despite Stuttgart scare.
PESHAWAR: Authorities in Pakistan say a magnitude-6 earthquake has struck the country's north, though there were no immediate reports of injuries or damage. Pakistan Meteorological Department...🕔 3:33 PM - September 1, 2014
PESHAWAR: Chief of Army Staff General Raheel Sharif has said Pakistan Army will continue operation against the terrorists till they are completely eliminated. According to ISPR, he expressed these...🕔 3:33 PM - September 1, 2014
PESHAWAR: The first Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) special Hajj flight carrying 323 intending pilgrims left Bacha Khan International Peshawar for Jeddah on Friday morning. According to Hajj...🕔 3:33 PM - September 1, 2014
KABUL: A van slammed into a fuel tanker in western Afghanistan on Sunday, killing 23 people in the latest horrific accident in a country with poorly maintained roads and often reckless driving. The crash happened Sunday morning on the main highway between the city of Herat and the Iranian border,...🕔 5:35 PM - August 31, 2014
- Three killed in Taliban attack on Afghan intelligence.
- Afghan election in crisis as candidate pulls out of.
- Abdullah threatens to pull out of Afghan election.
- New Afghan president to take office September 2:.
- New Afghan president to take office September 2:.
- Some 700 Taliban fighters begin offensive near Kabul:.
- Afghan special forces in talks with Taliban in Helmand.
- Attacks kill Nato soldier, three Afghan policemen.
- Rival Afghan presidential candidates sign deal to.
- Taliban kill four Afghan policemen in attack in.
ISLAMABAD: The Federal Board of Revenue has collected more tax revenue during the current month as compared to the same period last year. It received 181 billion rupees in revenue till August 29 against a target of 180 billion rupees. In August last year, the FBR had received 145 billion rupees....🕔 2:21 PM - August 30, 2014
- Politics weigh on capital, currency markets.
- PTI, PAT sit-ins causes Rs900 billion losses:.
- Stocks fall like ninepins on political uncertainty.
- Dollar strengthens, rupee falls amid political crisis.
- Pakistani stocks rise by 400 points at KSE 100-index.
- KSE-100 plummets over 400 points.
- Stocks plummet by more than 300 points at KSE-100.
- Business Community rejects Imran’s civil.
- Protests causing losses to Pakistan’s economy: Dar.
- NBP eyes Burj Bank, plans due diligence.
LAHORE: Pakistan’s controversy queen and lollywood actress has offered federal government her services to end sit-ins in Islamabad staged by Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf and the Pakistan Awami...🕔 9:25 PM - August 23, 2014
- Meera offers her services to end PTI, PAT.
- Remembering Nazia Hassan on her 14th death.
- New drama ‘Mein Adakara Banungi’ begins.
- Film 'Jinnah' screened to mark Independence.
- NAPA announces admission for Music, Theatre.
- Djokovic to wed longtime girlfriend.
- Zohra Sehgal dies at 102.
- Ahmed Nadeem Qasmi is being remembered.
- Lindsay sues 'Grand Theft Auto V' videogame.
- Shaan starts work on new film.