ISLAMABAD: The banned Ahle Sunnat Wal Jamaat (ASWJ) Friday took out protest rally from Lal Masjid to the Parliament House against the "target killings and kidnappings" of its workers. The rally was led by ASWJ President Ghulam Mustafa Baloch till NADRA check post as the police had...🕔 3:59 PM - March 6, 2015
- Target killings: ASWJ holds protest rally in IslamabadISLAMABAD: The banned Ahle Sunnat Wal Jamaat (ASWJ) Friday took out protest rally from Lal Masjid to
- Second batch of APS students leaves for China educational tourRAWALPINDI: the second batch of students of Army Public School, Peshawar, left for China last night for
- Sarfaraz to make World Cup debut against South AfricaAUCKLAND: Wicket-keeper batsman Sarfaraz Ahmed is expected to make his World Cup debut when Pakistan
- Seven killed in two road accidentsFAISALABAD/BADIN: At least seven people including three women were killed Friday in two separate road
- WI set a mere 183 for India to winPERTH: West-Indies have been dismissed for an unimpressive first innings total of 182 against India at
- nine children injured as school roof collapse in KasurKASUR: At least nine children sustained injuries when roof of a school collapse in Kasur District on
- President inaugurates Auto Parts ShowKARACHI: President Mamnoon Hussain inaugurated the 3-day Pakistan Auto Parts Show at Expo Centre in Karachi
- Swat activist honored with International Women of Courage AwardWASHINGTON DC: After Malala Yousafzai, another girl from Swat Tabassum Adnan, founder of Khwendo Jirga,
- Pakistan wants good ties with US: NisarISLAMABAD: Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan on Friday said that Pakistan wants to have a long
- IGP suspends three officers over poor investigationPESHAWAR: Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa (K-P) IGP Nasir Khan Durrani on Friday suspended Station House Officer (SHO)
- TTP terrorist arrested in BannuBANNU: Security forces have arrested a terrorist of proscribed Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan from Sarai
- FC foils major terror bids for Pakistan Day in QuettaQUETTA: The Frontier Corps (FC) on Friday thwarted an imminent attack planned for March 23 in Balochistan
- Govt committed to bring economic stability, end load shedding: PM NawazMEDINA: Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif on Friday said the government was committed to bring economic stability,
- ATC dismisses petition against black warrants of two death row convictsKARACHI: An anti-terrorism court (ATC) on Friday dismissed a petition filed against the black warrants
- SC rejects ECP request, orders to submit fresh schedule for LB electionsISLAMABAD: The Supreme Court on Friday issued an order regarding the schedule of local bodies (LB) elections
Second batch of APS students leaves for China educational tour
RAWALPINDI: the second batch of students of Army Public School, Peshawar, left for China last night for an educational cum recreational tour as part of a rehabilitation programme. According to press release, issued by Inter Services Public Relations, during the 10 day long visit, students accompanied by parents and teachers will visit major Chinese cities including Beijing, Shenzhen, Gongzhour
🕔 3:31 PM - March 6, 2015
Swat activist honored with International Women of Courage Award
WASHINGTON DC: After Malala Yousafzai, another girl from Swat Tabassum Adnan, founder of Khwendo Jirga, awarded the 2015 Secretary of State’s International Women of Courage Award in for their struggle of women’s rights. US Deputy Secretary Heather Higginbottom presented 10 extraordinary women from 10 countries the award. First Lady Michelle Obama will join Higginbottom and the award winners
🕔 2:06 PM - March 6, 2015
IGP suspends three officers over poor investigation
PESHAWAR: Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa (K-P) IGP Nasir Khan Durrani on Friday suspended Station House Officer (SHO) and two others officials over shoddy investigations in a murder case. An inquiry into the case was conducted by SHO and investigation officer done half-heartedly and sufficient evidence was not collected. The IGP subsequently called for the SHO, investigation officer and assistant sub-inspector
🕔 1:46 PM - March 6, 2015
TTP terrorist arrested in Bannu
BANNU: Security forces have arrested a terrorist of proscribed Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan from Sarai Norang area of Bannu, said Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR) on Friday. According to the ISPR, security forces conducted an information-based operation (IBO) in Sarai Naurang and arrested Rasool Khan, who was involved in terror activities in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and FATA. Security
🕔 1:15 PM - March 6, 2015
FC foils major terror bids for Pakistan Day in Quetta
QUETTA: The Frontier Corps (FC) on Friday thwarted an imminent attack planned for March 23 in Balochistan after arresting three terrorists in restive Balochistan. The FC police carried out a counter-terrorism raid in New Kahan, Hazar Ganji and Killa Abdullah and recovered forty-eight 120mm mortar shells, nine 82mm mortar grenades and 3 kilograms of explosive material whereas huge cache of weapons
🕔 1:04 PM - March 6, 2015
Govt committed to bring economic stability, end load shedding: PM
MEDINA: Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif on Friday said the government was committed to bring economic stability, end load shedding and terrorism from the country, so that peace and prosperity returns to Pakistan. Addressing a gathering of Pakistanis here, the Prime Minister reiterated government's resolve to eliminate extremism and terrorism from the country. He said the supporters of terrorism would
🕔 12:52 PM - March 6, 2015
- Pakistan wants good ties with US: Nisar.
- SC rejects ECP request, orders to submit fresh.
- Imran Khan congratulates MPAs for ‘resisting.
- Fazl alleges vote fraud in KP Senate elections .
- Names of newly elected senators .
- FATA Senate elections: IHC seeks reply from law.
- PM felicitates newly elected Senators.
- FATA Senate elections: ECP refuses to hold polls.
- Senate elections: Khurshid slams govt for.
WASHINGTON DC: After Malala Yousafzai, another girl from Swat Tabassum Adnan, founder of Khwendo Jirga, awarded the 2015 Secretary of State’s International Women of Courage Award in for their...🕔 2:06 PM - March 6, 2015
- Govt committed to bring economic stability, end.
- Top Jamaat leader in new bid to halt execution.
- Uzair Baloch presented before court in Dubai.
- US House committee subpoenas Clinton emails .
- US ambassador attacked in Seoul.
- PM Nawaz calls on King Salman in Riyadh .
- Kerry, Iran FM continue nuclear talks despite.
- Altaf demands probe into lawyer's killing.
- Slow drawdown of American troops from Afghanistan.
NAPIER, New Zealand: All eyes were on Pakistan Coach Waqar Younis as he addressed the media following his team’s win against the UAE. Waqar was asked why regular wicket-keeper Sarafaz Ahmed has not been given a chance in the playing 11, especially in light of three failed outings by opener...🕔 2:39 PM - March 4, 2015
- Pakistan to go on with the match against New Zealand.
- Germany beat Australia 3-2 to reach final.
- Srinivasan spot-fixing allegations: IPL probe team.
- Shafiq ton guides Pakistan 'A' to 305 against.
- Windies crush Bangladesh by 177 runs.
- England rout India to seal emphatic series win.
- Sri Lanka on top despite Amla ton.
- Jayawardene to retire from Test cricket.
- Demotion to B category: Younus Khan refuses to sign.
- NZealand's Vincent open up cricket match fixing.
BANNU: Security forces have arrested a terrorist of proscribed Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan from Sarai Norang area of Bannu, said Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR) on Friday. According to...🕔 2:39 PM - March 4, 2015
PESHAWAR: The registration of cases against the parents and guardians of children who had refused to vaccinate polio to their children has reduced the refusal cases in the province. According to...🕔 2:39 PM - March 4, 2015
PESHAWAR: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) and its ally’s parties on Friday have scored seven positions out of the total 12 seats in the Senate polls from Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP)...🕔 2:39 PM - March 4, 2015
KABUL: Pakistan Ulema Council, a council of religious elders in Pakistan, has asked the government of Afghanistan and Taliban to solve own problems. Maulana Tahir Ashrafi, chairman of Pakistan Ulema Council, says that Pakistan can only pave way for peace talks but the government of Afghanistan and...🕔 8:20 PM - March 3, 2015
- Avalanches destruction: Ghani announces 3-day mourning.
- Afghanistan avalanche: Death toll rises to 200 .
- Afghan capital rocked by blast near Iran embassy.
- More than 100 dead in Afghanistan avalanches.
- Afghan national security advisor meets Qatar PM .
- 30 Hazaras abducted in Afghanistan: officials.
- Peace talks with Taliban soon: Abdullah.
- ‘Taliban leadership gives nod to peace talks with.
- US signals likely delay in troop exit from Afghanistan.
- US new defence secretary arrives in Kabul.
KARACHI: Pakistan's annual inflation fell to 3.24 percent in February from 3.96 per cent in January, the Pakistan Bureau of Statistics said on Monday, with the key factor being a fall in fuel prices. On a month-on-month basis, prices rose 0.92 per cent in February. Average inflation in the period...🕔 2:13 PM - March 2, 2015
- ECNEC to discuss Neelum-Jhelum transmission scheme.
- ECC approves payment of two-month salaries to PSM.
- POL prices to remain unchanged: Dar.
- Loadshedding won't end by 2020: Nepra.
- Economy to grow around 5% in current fiscal year: Dar.
- Dar reviews country’s overall economic situation.
- Qatargas, Pakistan close to 15-year LNG supply deal.
- Asia stocks boosted by Greek debt deal hopes.
- Power tariff likely to be reduced by Rs3.20 per unit.
- Dar chairs NEC meeting on anti-money laundering.
Fawad Khan, who's on everyone's hot list this season, was in Dubai recently for a launch. In an interview with Gulf News he spilled the beans about his style, his wardrobe, and how it feels to be an...🕔 1:25 PM - March 3, 2015
- PM orders FO to arrange transporting Sadiq.
- Imran Khan meets Veena, Khattak in Dubai.
- Birdman bags three Oscars as Neil Patrick.
- Fun facts about 2015 Oscars.
- Indian actor Irrfan Khan cast alongside Tom.
- Shane Warne reportedly considering a.
- Deepika Padukone to make singing debut in.
- India comedy pulled from YouTube amid free.
- Meera says his poetry book will be published.
- Reham Khan set to turn producer.