Site icon Pashto News and Current Affairs Channel | Khyber News

Basant 2027 Lahore: Maryam Nawaz Announces March Dates

Lahore is preparing to welcome back one of its most cherished traditions, as Punjab Chief Minister Maryam Nawaz has confirmed that Basant 2027 will take place over three days, from March 12 to March 14. The announcement follows what officials describe as a triumphant comeback of the festival last year, and organizers are hoping this edition will be even bigger.

Sharing the news on X, the Chief Minister said the provincial capital would once again transform into a hub of color, culture, and celebration, highlighting the music, energy, and hospitality that have long defined the city’s identity during Basant season.

A Call to the Youth and the Diaspora

Maryam Nawaz directed much of her message toward young people across Punjab and the wider country, describing the festival as an opportunity for them to gather, build memories, and bring their own energy to the city’s streets and rooftops.

She didn’t stop there. The Chief Minister also reached out to overseas Pakistanis and international visitors, encouraging them to plan their trips around the celebration and experience Lahore’s hospitality firsthand. “Insha’Allah, together we will make Basant 2027 another great success and a celebration to remember,” she said, adding that the city would be ready and waiting to host its diaspora.

Looking Back at Basant’s Comeback

This year’s festival builds on the momentum of Lahore’s first Basant celebration in more than twenty years, which took place last February after Punjab authorities lifted a long-standing ban on kite-flying. The revival came with tight safety regulations in place, but that didn’t dampen the mood, as neighborhoods across the city lit up with decorations, and rooftop gatherings stretched well into the night.

To support the turnout, the provincial government rolled out several public initiatives, including free transport services to help residents move around the city during the festivities.

Senior Provincial Minister Marriyum Aurangzeb had earlier called the 2026 celebration a win for both Lahore and the country as a whole, noting that officials expect the 2027 edition to be even livelier. According to figures she shared, close to two million people used the free transport service over the three-day event, while roughly one million vehicles entered the province during that period.

With planning already underway, the Punjab government appears set on making Basant 2027 in Lahore not just a repeat of last year’s success, but a step further in reviving one of the region’s most iconic cultural traditions.

Exit mobile version