Cabinet subcommittee to announce decision on Nawaz’s name removal from ECL today

10
Cabinet subcommittee to announce decision on Nawaz's name removal from ECL today

ISLAMABAD: The subcommittee of the cabinet will send its recommendations to cabinet in a matter pertaining to removal of Nawaz Sharif’s name from ECL.
Third meeting of the subcommittee was held to discuss the matter and it will announce its decisions on Wednesday 10 AM.
Sources said PML-N has refused to submit surety bonds. The committee has saved its decision however it has given time to PML-N and NAB to submit their final answer today (Wednesday).
PML-N s Atta Tarar said we have already submitted surity bonds to the court and there is no need to submit security now to the subcommittee.
Special Assistant to PM on Accountability Shehzad Akbar earlier told media that they have asked Sharif family to give them a date of return. He said courts also ask for surety bonds.
The cabinet s sub-committee decided that Nawaz Sharif will have to submit a surety amount equal to the penalty imposed on him in Al-Azizia Reference.
It is pertinent here to mention that two meetings of the subcommittee ended without any decision.
Earlier on Monday, the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) said the government itself should look into the matter of excluding Nawaz Sharif’s name from the ECL. The anti-graft watchdog had returned the matter to the interior ministry after it sent the PML-N supreme leader’s medical reports to the NAB.
Nawaz Sharif was scheduled to travel UK on Qatar Airways flight QR629 yesterday. However, his ticket had been canceled as the authorities did not remove his name from the ECL.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here