US once again strongly refutes PM Imran Khan’s allegations

Ned Price

The US State Department has once again spurned Prime Minister Imran Khan’s allegations of toppling his government through a no-trust motion by funding the Opposition.

On March 27, at a jalsa, the PM accused the US of interfering in Pakistan’s politics and plotting to oust his regime through a no-trust motion in the National Assembly.

As proof, the PM also brandished a ‘threat letter’ at a public gathering, saying that a foreign country has warned of dire consequences if he remains in power.

Following the Opposition’s ruckus on the ‘threat letter’, the PM had called the National Security Committee (NSC) and presented the letter. To this, the NSC expressed concern and a demarche was issued to the US envoy in Pakistan.

Subsequently, based on this ‘threat letter’, the deputy speaker rejected the no-trust motion against the PM and President Arif Alvi dissolved the NA on the PM’s advice. However, this act turned into a deep constitutional crisis as the matter is in the Supreme Court now.

Earlier, the US State Department and White House categorically rejected PM’s allegations and said the US government has nothing to do with it.

Despite the earlier rejection, the US has once again refuted PM Imran Khan’s allegations over the US government involvement.

During a regular press briefing, US State Department spokesperson Ned Price rejected the allegation and said, “The US believes in democratic principle, not only in Pakistan but around the world.”

“There is no truth to the allegation as you heard from me last week, we support the peaceful upholding of constitutional democratic principle,” he added.

Ned Price further maintained that the US never supports one political party as it encourages broader principles.

“We do not support one political party over another, we support the broader principles, the principles of rule, of law, and equal justice under the law,” he said.

PM Imran Khan discloses name of US official who sent ‘threat letter’

Hours after the National Assembly deputy speaker ‘trashed’ the Opposition’s no-confidence motion on Sunday, Prime Minister Imran Khan disclosed the name of the US diplomat who had allegedly sent the “threat letter” to Pakistan.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here