At least 22 terrorists were killed in North Waziristan during an ongoing operation by Pakistan security forces, according to the military’s media wing ISPR.
The clearance and sanitization operation has been underway since May 17 in the Shawal area of North Waziristan. Security forces targeted militant hideouts during the action and carried out multiple raids based on intelligence reports.
ISPR said that 22 militants linked to Fitna al Khawarij were killed in the last 24 hours. Weapons and ammunition were also recovered from the dead militants. Officials said the terrorists were involved in several attacks in the region.
According to the military, evidence collected during the operation showed that the militants had been threatening local residents and using fear to maintain control in the area. The statement added that civilians were also used as human shields to secure the movement of terrorists.
Security officials said innocent lives would not be allowed to remain at risk and the operation would continue until the area is fully cleared.
ISPR confirmed that security forces have tightened the cordon around the region and the clearance operation is still in progress.

